Burlington, Vermont based Paul Frank + Collins P.C. seeks a highly qualified, exceptional and experienced accounting professional to be responsible for the firm’s financial management.
The ideal Financial Manager will be analytical and have a strong understanding of accounting principles and processes. This position requires excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills as the Financial Manager will work closely with the management team, attorneys, and other employees of the Firm. The ability to multi-task and handle a variety of assignments is essential. This is an in-person position primarily with some flexibility to work on a hybrid remote basis occasionally.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Accounting/Financial Reporting – General ledger, time and billing, knowledge of GAAP and compliance with those principles.
- Oversight of accounts payable and accounts receivable staff.
- Produce and analyze monthly balance sheets, income statements, and detailed financial reports for attorneys and management review.
- Process monthly bank reconciliations and journal entries.
- Manage cash flow and monitor daily banking transactions.
- Audit internal accounting controls, IOLTA and IOLA trust rules.
- Manage the firm’s banking relationships including cash management and commercial lending.
- Administer the firm’s profit sharing and 401(k) plans.
- Oversee the processing of bi-weekly payroll and related record-keeping.
- Manage the budget and year-end processes for the firm’s capital, operating, and revenue budgets.
- Work with accountants on preparation of financial statements, federal and state tax return filing, and fixed asset depreciation.
- Manage the firm’s general business and professional liability insurance policies and programs.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business related field; CPA helpful, but not required.
- Five or more years of management in the accounting field preferred.
- Strong understanding of accounting, finance and management principles.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Proficiency with Microsoft office including advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with Juris accounting, Microsoft SQL, and software conversions a plus, but not required.
- High level of efficiency and accuracy.
- Attention to detail and the ability to analyze large amounts of data.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task are essential.
PF+C serves its clients throughout North America and internationally from its Burlington, Vermont office. The firm offers all the resources and opportunities of a large, international law firm while fostering a local, collegial, and collaborative work culture. We provide a competitive salary commensurate with experience, and excellent benefits in a truly sophisticated and exciting legal environment.
Please send cover letter and résumé.
At Paul Frank + Collins, we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We highly value different perspectives, backgrounds and experiences and rely on the various strengths and contributions from every team member. We seek to provide a diverse and inclusive workplace. We offer equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a disabled veteran or other veteran or military status, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, and any other protected class status.
PF+C strives to make all individuals with whom we work feel supported to allow them to be their best and most authentic professional selves. We are also committed to the vibrancy, health and growth of our broader community and see diversity as a strength. We foster these ideals in our recruiting, hiring and retention processes, as well as in our day-to-day operations.