The Vermont Democratic Party (VDP) is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the position of Finance Director. This is a full-time leadership position, reporting to the Executive Director. This position works closely with the other department directors and Chair to effectively raise, report, and acknowledge the funds that support the VDP and our electoral programs.
The ideal candidate will have experience in event planning, call time management, donor research, online fundraising and financial planning. The Finance Director will develop and execute strategic fundraising plans and meet performance milestones. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: planning and executing events and other fundraising activities, developing and monitoring call time, building and maintaining donor relationships, and making direct solicitations of state and local donors through multiple channels and media. Additionally, he or she will be an aggressive innovator of new ideas, approaches, and opportunities to raise funds. This position is highly collaborative and crucial to the VDP achieving its mission of electing Democrats at all levels.
The Finance Director will have responsibility for developing and executing strategic fundraising plans and meeting performance milestones, with continual progress toward larger organizational goals. Additionally, he or she will be an aggressive innovator of new ideas, approaches, and opportunities to raise the necessary funds.
- Working with Party leadership and staff to create and implement a short and longer-term fundraising/financial plan for the Party that defines financial needs and develops new and existing revenue streams.
- Managing and executing events and all other activities related to fundraising.
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of donor database and conducting research on new and potential contributors.
- Raise funds through personal call time and staffing Officers and Executive Director during call time.
- Manage donor acknowledgement, including timely thank you letters and tracking outgoing letters.
- Work with the Executive Director and Treasurer to ensure cash flow and budget projections are met.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years prior fundraising experience – political preferred
- Experience managing staff preferred
- Prior experience with targeting contributors and follow up management
- Ability to manage details and stay on top of multiple tasks, large and small
- Social media skills
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills – the ability to speak persuasively in a charged atmosphere
- A strong commitment to Democratic ideals and issues
- Effective computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and NGP
The Vermont Democratic Party is committed to cultivating a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging among our staff, party and elected officials. We are prioritizing outreach to partner organizations working with historically marginalized communities to recruit and train new elected and party officials, and committed to building a diverse pool of campaign and party staff for campaigns, elected officials, and the party to hire from. That includes identifying and training staff traditionally not represented and providing them with professional development resources to further their careers in politics, and ensuring that the Vermont Democratic Party supports them as they become more public figures.