- Healthy foods
- A vibrant local economy
- Environmental sustainability and energy efficiency
- Co-operative democratic ownership
…and AMAZING Customer Service?
We are seeking an experienced Finance Coordinator who can effectively:
We believe everyone has a part in creating a just and equal society. For our business that means working to refine our policies and practices to remove potential for bias, and creating an inclusive environment for all staff and customers.
Co-op staff are attending monthly small groups, building skills to support our store as a safe and respectful space where all are welcome. Here they practice various scenarios that could happen in the store and have an opportunity to talk about their experiences.
At the Co-op there are multiple options for feedback from staff, including options for anonymity. From this feedback we have made a number of changes including, but not limited to:
• -raising wages
• -increased social justice training
• -changes on signage to be more inclusive
• -addressed vendors' actions that don't support our commitment to social justice
• -monthly focus groups with management and staff
We want to take actionable steps in our commitment to social justice, we are continuing to work on our plan and create ways we can hold ourselves accountable.