Chamber and Economic Development of the Rutland Region
Job Title: Finance and Compliance Manager
Share this post:
Posted: May 3, 2023
Location: Rutland County,
About the Job
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees and implements all State and Federal financial compliance requirements, ensuring all reporting and performance requirements are met.
- Attends state and other economic development meetings as assigned by the executive director.
- Works with the Executive Director to refine and implement strategies of the organization.
- Is responsible for audits, budgeting, accounting services, payroll, bank accounts, financial reporting, invoicing, leases, insurance, and contract services with the appropriate involvement of the Board of Directors, committees, and other staff.
- Supports the Operations Director with the activities of the Finance Committee.
- Serves on boards and committees which align CEDRR’s mission at the direction of the Executive Director
- Attends meetings as the representative of CEDRR as assigned.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Education and experience related to supporting a fast-paced public office
- Education and experience in accounting and accounting systems management preferred.
- Interested in meeting new people who have diverse interests and
- Flexible and
- Able to work independently; self-directed.
- Effective and efficient organizational
- Professional written and verbal communication
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local funding opportunities.
- Working knowledge of office systems including QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, and Excel.
- Experience and/or interest in researching requested
- Knowledge or interest in learning about economic development, local organizations, and the regional
- Able to travel as requested
Employer's Approach to Diversity, Equity, & Belonging
Active board development: DEI training for board and committee members, diversity survey and assessment done across the board, active recruitment effort with community-wide advertising and vetting candidates through a DEI matrix of need
Wage or Salary75,000
Send your aplication to: firstname.lastname@example.org