The Vermont Democratic Party is seeking talented candidates to work as Organizers during the 2022 campaign cycle. We are looking for passionate, hardworking individuals who are committed to building a coordinated campaign working to elect Democrats at all levels of the ballot and support Proposition 5.
Organizers will serve as the public face of the campaign’s organizing efforts, working in regional teams across all facets of voter outreach. This will include but is not necessarily limited to voter identification, volunteer recruitment, and volunteer training. Organizers should be solutions-oriented, motivated, and excited about the unique opportunity to work with a diverse group of staff and volunteers on an impactful statewide election.
This role is structured around opportunities for personal and professional development, training, and mentorship. No prior campaign experience is necessary for this role, though candidates with demonstrated experience in politics, policy organizing, or issue advocacy will receive extra consideration.
Tasks & responsibilities, including but not limited to:
● Engage in direct voter contact such as canvassing, phone banking and text banking
● Recruit, train and manage volunteers to participate in direct voter contact programs such as canvassing, phone banking and text banking
● Coordinate volunteer events such as canvasses, phone banks and text banks
● Execute in-person voter registration at local events
● Amplify campaign messaging and engage constituents
● Assist in office management and organization for regional team
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively and clearly communicate
● Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize projects while working on a deadline.
● Flexible, adaptable, team player with a solutions-oriented mindset
● Access to a smartphone, laptop and comfortable with technology including SMS, social media platforms and voter databases
● Access to a vehicle
● Ability to regularly work irregular hours and weekends
Salary for this position is $3,500 a month w/full benefits. This role will be based in person in Vermont.
How to Apply
If interested in applying, please submit your resume to Miles McGuriman at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Democratic Party of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and members of historically disenfranchised groups are especially welcome and encouraged to apply.
The Vermont Democratic Party is committed to vigorously examining and reforming practices, processes, policies, regulations, and legislation that may inhibit or obstruct access to and participation in the life of our communities by any Vermonter for reasons of sex, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, class, religion, age, physical ability, mental health status, incarceration history, or immigration circumstances.
In addition to emphasizing equity here, we recognize that equity is fundamental to Democratic beliefs, and as such have intentionally interwoven our commitment to equity as an ideal, as well as equitable practices and outcomes throughout each plank of our Party Platform.
To read more about our party's commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Belonging visit our website at https://www.vtdemocrats.org/party-platform