Are you ready for an amazing opportunity to join an innovative program and make positive change in your community?
Position Title: Family Support Specialist: Youth Case Manager
Who is Youth Services?
Youth Services has been a highly respected part of the Windham County of Vermont community since 1972. Our mission: working together to build resilience and be a catalyst for change. Youth Services is a supportive, creative, dynamic workplace.
How will I make a difference?
The Family Support Specialist: Youth Case Manager will make a difference in our community by…
● Managing a small caseload of youth ages 13-17 who are at-risk of
displacement from the home and/or of systems involvement
● Supporting both youth and their custodians in growing their ability to
support each other through non-violent communication and restorative
● Providing key services to help youth complete their education, connect to
their community and successfully plan for and/or transition to independent living
● Overseeing the department’s host homes including outreach, training and support while host homes are in use
● Being a vital, enthusiastic and supportive member of the Youth Development Programs team
● Noticing and working to change unjust systems in our community and state
Can I see myself here?
We have found that our staff at Youth Services succeed when they:
● Emphasize connection and relationship in their work and are able to build meaningful relationships that are rooted in empathy and mutual
● Have a commitment to service provision that is centered in a deep-held belief that youth and families fair best when they stay together until the youth is ready to transition to independent living
● Think systemically
● Are passionate about justice and believe that everyone deserves to have their needs met
● Value collaboration that comes from working on a team
● Are tenacious problem-solvers
● Have a sense of humor and find creative ways to implement ideas
● Value a strength-based treatment approach and deeply believe in harm
● Can change priorities quickly
● Are looking for more than just a job…
Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, a personal vehicle to use for work purposes and auto insurance. Community Based staff will be reimbursed for applicable mileage.
How can I be considered for the position?
You can be considered for this position if you meet the following qualifications:
● Bachelor’s degree in psychology or related field or an equivalent amount of education, training, work-experience and lived experience
● Experience working with at-risk youth and/or families in a volunteer,
internship, or paid position
● Knowledge of adolescent development
● Have a very solid understanding of google suites
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
We are unable to consider applicants without a cover letter. If the resume submission platform does not allow for cover letters, please send cover letter directly to email@example.com
Compensation: $17.00 per hour with annual cost of living increase and comprehensive benefits
Youth Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Youth Services' work is guided by a set of core values. One of those is Equity - "We work to identify, witness, and acknowledge systemic harm done to all marginalized communities. We strive to further awareness, ally ship, and advocacy to reduce institutional violence." We also have a Social Justice/Equity Committee that meets every two weeks and is looking at the ways that inequality, Racism in particular, shows up in our agency. And we work to address these issues.