Love bikes? This is a job for you if you have a passion for leadership, the skills to run a profitable business, and consider the bicycle a tool for social justice.
Old Spokes Home is a bike shop and nonprofit with a mission of making bikes more accessible for our community. We are a retail and service operation with equity and justice at our core. As a young nonprofit with a strong financial foundation and a new permanent home, we’re moving into our next phase of growth and program development. We’re a small and nimble organization—you’ll work both hands-on and at the 30,000-foot level.
We’re seeking a passionate leader who is an emotionally intelligent supervisor; an entrepreneurial business manager who can successfully lead our team in profitable sales and services while supporting our nonprofit programs; and an energetic advocate for the diverse communities we serve.
- Retail operations
- Fiscal management
- Staff coaching and mentoring
- Leadership for diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI)
- Fundraising and communications
- Program development and evaluation
- Advocacy for social justice and social change
Compensation, Hours, and Benefits
- Pay range $65,000-$80,000 per year
- Full time. Flexible hours, some remote work is possible. Occasional weekends and evenings required
- Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Health insurance stipend; 403(b)
We’re open year-round, with a busy season from mid-March through mid-October. Located in Burlington, Vermont, we have a staff of twelve and a budget of just over $1 million.
This position will begin in early 2022. The application deadline is December 10, 2021.
Find complete job description here.
- Send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
- Feel free to reach out for a confidential conversation about this opportunity with our hiring partner Charlene Wallace, firstname.lastname@example.org, 802-363-7439.
Old Spokes Home works towards a future when every person can achieve health, mobility, and economic stability, and when every person benefits from and contributes to a vital and livable community.
Instagram | Facebook | OSH on Vimeo
331 North Winooski Ave., Burlington, VT 05401