At GMP, we believe energy is a force for good that improves lives and transforms communities. We’re focused on a new way of doing business – delivering innovative energy services so customers can cut carbon and save money, while continuing to generate carbon-free, cost effective, and reliable power for a more resilient Vermont.
We are looking for a new person to join our Energy Innovation Team. The Energy Innovation team is passionate about helping GMP customers. This teammate will identify, reach out, and guide customers through the process step-by-step to deliver benefits from innovative products, services, and programs offered by GMP. To excel on this team, this person will combine creativity with execution to apply new and unique approaches to reach customers every day and to help begin their energy transformation.
The ideal teammate is forward thinking, embraces technology, and is obsessed with delivering for our customers.
This person will have the customer service and communication skills to build relationships with many stakeholders. This position requires a high degree of self-motivation and organization, the ability to analyze and leverage complex data, the ability to work independently while being part of a team, a strong commitment to prioritizing safety, and has the ability to exceed goals and deadlines while having fun doing it.
In this role you will:
- Deliver excellent customer experiences interactions with all customers and stake holders.
- Continuously look for ways to improve processes and find innovative solutions for our team and our customers.
- Use your strong organizational skills and the ability to collect, package and report data for various services and programs.
- Collaborate across teams and identify opportunities to leverage federal funds to deploy innovative services and programs for customers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- We look for a positive attitude, natural aptitude, and a strong work ethic as key attributes in our candidates. We hire people who others want to be around, who learn quickly, have the grit to work through inevitable roadblocks, and possess the capacity and desire to produce great results for our customers. Self-awareness is vital. We want someone who understands what is unique about you, where you will be excellent and where you will need help and support from other team members.
- Our team members have the ability to adapt quickly to change, to build successful relationships with colleague and customers, and the drive to improve processes to become more efficient and effective every day.
- The candidate must have a strong interest in technology and the desire to learn and leverage technical solutions for communication, analysis, and efficient workflow, along with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Intermediate to advanced level knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Word required; prior knowledge or experience with Salesforce is a plus.
About Green Mountain Power
Green Mountain Power serves approximately 270,000 residential and business customers in Vermont and is partnering with them to improve lives and transform communities. GMP is providing solutions to cut carbon and delivering electricity that is clean, affordable, and always on. GMP is the first utility in the world to get a B Corp certification, meeting rigorous social, environmental, accountability and transparency standards and committing to use business as a force for good. In 2022, GMP was named to TIME’s list of the 100 Most Influential Companies. Fast Company named GMP one of the top five Most Innovative Companies in North America in 2022. GMP also earned a spot on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World list in the energy sector four years in a row, the Smart Electric Power Alliance (SEPA) honored GMP as a nationwide leader in energy transformation.
Location = Vermont
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At GMP we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.