VEIC is a sustainable energy company on a mission to generate the energy solutions the world needs. For more than 30 years, VEIC has worked with governments, utilities, foundations, and businesses across North America to design and deploy clean-energy services spanning energy efficiency, building decarbonization, transportation electrification, and a clean and flexible grid.
VEIC administers three large-scale energy efficiency and decarbonization programs and provides full-service consulting and engineering services. VEIC is nationally recognized for originating pilots and programs that optimize energy use, reduce energy burdens for low-income customers, and advance emerging technologies and innovative program models.
VEIC seeks an Administrative Assistant with a keen eye for detail, process improvement, and collaboration to provide administrative, data management, and customer service support to client projects. The Administrative Assistant accurately and independently coordinates a high volume of incentive payout forms while working with internal and external colleagues to provide ongoing client support. This project aims to explore and promote refrigeration, HVAC, and lighting measures that may be most impactful with respect to either greenhouse gas reductions and energy savings or align well with their maintenance and decarbonization goals.
This role enjoys engaging work within a non-profit, forward-thinking, energy consulting business and is available to work completely remotely (depending on needs/location) or hybrid with VEIC having physical offices in Winooski, Vermont, D.C., and Columbus, Ohio.
- Works directly with internal and external colleagues to gather information to perform administrative tasks, including updating and entering data, reviewing, completing, and submitting rebate incentive forms on behalf of clients.
- Provides and models exemplary customer service to both external and internal customers.
- Supports special projects, such as aiding in the preparation of presentation materials.
- Works directly with internal staff, external customers, and professionals (vendors, contractors, utilities) to gather pertinent information.
- Performs and maintains quality assurance of data accuracy and consistency relative to project and customer information.
- Performs data entry and proper documentation of project intake.
- Provides administrative support, including data entry/collection/analysis and reporting.
- Participates in teams and processes for administrative and process improvement development and implementation.
- Maintains positive, ongoing relationships with customers
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals, and values of VEIC.
- High school degree or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- One year of experience in administrative tasks in an office environment is preferred.
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, and database software, including Windows and Microsoft Office applications experience.
- Demonstrated experience in providing excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to be organized, detail-oriented, accurate, and handle multiple tasks and competing priorities in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Climate change impacts all of us; however, we are impacted differently based on our identities and experiences. We all deserve a place at the table to make decisions about our collective future – we hope you'll consider joining us as we work towards our vision for a healthy planet, thriving people, and energy justice.
Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication style, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.