VEIC is a sustainable energy company on a mission to generate the energy solutions the world needs. For more than 30 years, VEIC has worked with governments, utilities, foundations, and businesses across North America to design and deploy clean-energy services spanning energy efficiency, building decarbonization, transportation electrification, and a clean and flexible grid.
VEIC administers three large-scale energy efficiency and decarbonization programs and provides full-service consulting and engineering services. VEIC is nationally recognized for originating pilots and programs that optimize energy use, reduce energy burdens for low-income customers, and advance emerging technologies and innovative program models.
The Analyst performs research, analysis, and technically oriented project coordination to contribute to the successful execution of consulting and engineering projects delivering energy solutions to clients across the country. This position will support VEIC’s work on the California Statewide Emerging Electric Technologies program (CalNEXT), which helps support California’s climate change goals by advancing electric technologies that improve energy efficiency, advance decarbonization, and enhance grid resilience while prioritizing disadvantaged and hard to reach communities.
As a key member of the program team the analyst will contribute to report writing, compilation of program data, and support presentation development, project scoring, and program record management. This position is an exciting opportunity to work on a high visibility project with the potential to make big impacts. The role may support other VEIC initiatives as needed.
This role enjoys engaging work within a non-profit, forward-thinking, energy consulting business and is available to work completely remotely (depending on needs/location) or hybrid with VEIC having physical offices in Winooski, Vermont, D.C., and Columbus, Ohio.
- Works closely with internal and external CalNEXT Program Team members to deliver program requirements for clients.
- Contributes to project success by supporting program template updates, maintaining project documentation and record keeping, and other tasks as assigned.
- Contributes to multiple program deliverables at different stages.
- Supports peer analysts also contributing to the CalNEXT project.
- As bandwidth allows; support activities of other staff, groups, and divisions within VEIC to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
- Such additional activities could include:
- conducting research and analysis to support a variety of energy efficiency and renewable energy projects, conducting economic screening of energy efficiency and renewable energy measures and programs.
- coordinating smaller projects or components of larger projects, including on-going client interaction.
- formatting and independently evaluating data in support of client presentations.
- Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals and values of VEIC.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, marketing, engineering, public policy or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills were acquired.
- Experience with energy efficiency and/or renewable energy markets, programs, or policies is preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills, including strong facility with quantitative analysis techniques.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
- Self-starter, able to manage time well with ability to handle multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
- Proven ability to be organized, detail oriented and accurate.
- Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software.
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Climate change impacts all of us; however, we are impacted differently based on our identities and experiences. We all deserve a place at the table to make decisions about our collective future – we hope you'll consider joining us as we work towards our vision for a healthy planet, thriving people, and energy justice.
Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication style, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.