Energy Action Network (EAN) is seeking a skilled and experienced project manager with expertise in energy data collection, analysis, and reporting to become a core part of our non-profit staff team in a permanent, full-time position.
Energy Action Network (EAN) is a diverse and collaborative network of over two hundred non-profits, businesses, public agencies, and other organizations across Vermont working together in a collective impact framework for a common mission: to achieve Vermont’s energy and climate commitments in ways that create a more just, thriving, and sustainable future for Vermonters.
EAN is supported by a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, made up of a small staff that serve a backbone coordination and support role for the Network.
EAN produces an Annual Progress Report for Vermont that is a highly respected independent resource for tracking and analysis of Vermont’s statewide progress toward its energy and emissions reduction commitments. EAN also convenes Network members at an Annual Summit and regular online and in person events such as a speaker series and meetings of Network Action Teams.
EAN Data Manager Role
EAN’s Data Manager will be supervised by the Executive Director, and also collaborate with EAN’s Deputy Director & Network Manager and Network members.
This position requires continually collecting and organizing data; detail-oriented project management with a can-do attitude; patience and persistence in coordinating the efforts of organizational leaders with busy schedules; and the ability to deftly analyze complex energy and emissions data and clearly and effectively report findings.
Specifically, responsibilities will include:
- EAN Data Collection and Analysis: Work with data partners from state agencies, utilities, and other organizations to collect and organize the data that underlie the information and analysis in online EAN resources and printed publications.
- Annual Progress Report for Vermont: Coordinate the data analysis, writing, peer review, editing, and production of the EAN Annual Progress Report for Vermont.
- Additional Research and presentation:
- Research and write occasional research briefs for dissemination to the EAN Network,
- Collaborate with the VT Public Service Department and Agency of Natural Resources as they develop energy and emissions tracking tools.
- Update the Energy Site Maps and Community Progress Maps, which are part of EAN’s Vermont Energy Dashboard, as those resources transition to State management.
- Conduct and/or manage production and presentation of data analysis for other communications vehicles, such as the EAN website.
- Mentor and support interns and college classes doing research related to EAN’s mission.
- Coordinate on website design and development.
Required Skills/ Experience
- Familiarity and facility with energy data collection, organization, and analysis (specifically using Excel), especially in the Vermont context,
- Excellent project management and organizational skills: highly organized with attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines,
- Strong people skills, especially in adjusting to coordinating diverse sets of partners, some who are data-oriented, and others who are community-oriented,
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal,
- Comfort with fast-paced, independent work environment with good time management skills.
Desired Skills/ Experience
- Experience working in highly collaborative relationships, including with high-level public and private stakeholders
- Experience managing a complex website (or other complex project)
- Experience managing contractors or consultants
- GIS; Tableau or other data visualization experience
- Strong personal commitment to the mission of EAN
- Familiarity with Vermont’s economic & political culture and energy & climate landscape
- Sense of humor, patience, flexibility, and a can-do attitude
Compensation & Location
- Salary for this core, full-time position will be commensurate with experience and qualifications, with total salary and benefits package ranging between $60,000 – $70,000.
- Benefits include paid time off for vacation, holidays, and sick leave; a match of employee retirement contributions up to 3% of salary in a Simple IRA; employer sponsored disability and life insurance; and the option of health, dental, and vision insurance.
- This position is located at EAN’s office in downtown Montpelier, VT, but will involve some travel around the state. Some remote work is possible.
How to Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter outlining your interest in the work of EAN and what you would bring to this important position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Address applications to: Jared Duval, Executive Director, Energy Action Network. Application review will begin October 3, 2022. Position open until filled.
EAN is an equal opportunity employer.
EAN's mission is to achieve Vermont’s climate and energy commitments in ways that create a more just, thriving, and sustainable future for Vermonters. Energy equity is core to this work. EAN has a working group of Board and staff members for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice, which brings DEIJ conversations to the full Board.
EAN also weaves energy equity issues throughout our work. We highlight energy equity issues in the key findings in our Annual Progress Report for Vermont on Emissions, Energy, Equity & the Economy. Equity is also a core criteria for choosing Network Action Team projects (https://www.eanvt.org/events-and-initiatives/network-action-teams/).