The Media Factory is looking for a motivated professional with a passion for community media to join the team as our Distribution Coordinator. The Distribution Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of programming schedules for multiple Media Factory cable television channels and community radio station, and assists the Media Factory Content Manager with web-based content delivery. The Distribution Coordinator should be comfortable working both independently and on teams, and be able to maintain a high level of professionalism when engaging with the public.
If you have a sharp eye for detail, enjoy working with content management systems and spreadsheets, and have strong organizational and communication skills, we want to hear from you.
- Work with the Content Manager to plan and implement programming schedules for Media Factory cable television channels and community radio station
- Support online and OTT distribution of Media Factory-produced and user-generated content
- Provide communication to Media Factory community producers and partners regarding program scheduling details and field their scheduling requests
- Distribute up-to-date programming information to relevant outlets
- Support live programming efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field, or commensurate experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Excel and ability to work with databases, Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
This is a 40-hour a week non-exempt position with periodic evening shifts. The compensation range is $38,500 – $41,500 – plus a generous benefits package with paid time off.
How to apply:
- Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by October 28, 2022
- Please no phone calls or drop ins
The Media Factory is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
The Media Factory's board Inclusion Committee is focused on making the Media Factory welcoming and accessible to all members of our community. The committee is also focused on DEI professional development opportunities for both board and staff.
We intentionally amplify the work of community producers who have been typically marginalized by mainstream media.
We work to remove financial barriers to access gear and education by providing both for free and at times that don't interfere with typical working hours.
The Media Factory seeks out organizational partnerships with groups representing people with disabilities, the LBGTQIA community, New Americans, and the BIPOC community.
We are moving to paid internships next year primarily to address equity concerns.
We are investing in video captioning solutions to provide subtitles in up to 15 languages.