Are you a nurse in search of a position that brings joy and fulfillment personally and professionally? The Converse Home, an Assisted Living Community located in downtown Burlington, is searching for a Director of Nursing. The Converse Home is a non-profit with a volunteer Board of Directors and is the longest-running community in the state, recently celebrating 136 years of service. We are well known for our warm, welcoming, and home-like atmosphere. This is a wonderful opportunity for the right person to join a rare community!
Director of Nursing (DON) Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with Co-Executive Directors and Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON)/ Nurse Educator, and leadership team, to ensure resident healthcare needs are met while treated with respect, dignity and great quality of care.
- Direct the nursing program, including implementing new policies and procedures when necessary.
- Supervise, develop and provide leadership in day-to-day operations to licensed, and unlicensed, direct care/nursing staff. Work with ADON to coach staff on best care practices.
- Supervise and work closely with the ADON/ Nurse Educator to ensure education compliance in accordance with state regulations. Ensure the nursing department is compliant with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Use strong leadership and communication skills to communicate with the leadership team, staff, families, residents, vendors and providers.
- Develop the nursing department budget, and work with Co-Executive Directors to navigate and troubleshoot budget parameters.
- Supervise the maintenance and audit of resident charts and reviews documentation performed by the care staff.
- Collaborates with ADON in creating resident care plans, proactively managing care and services for each resident, and ensuring care staff follows policies and procedures.
- Participates in pre-admission screening of prospective new residents and report findings to the prospective resident team.
- This position requires a candidate who has solid Med-Surge background and operations management experience, a strong understanding of skilled nursing standards of care, and federal and state regulations. A high level of professionalism, detail-oriented, strong verbal and written communication skills, and compassionate leadership qualities are must-haves.
- This position requires occasional travel/driving. May require occasional weekend, evening, or night work to ensure adequate staffing levels, and share on-call and shift supervisor duties.
- Must have a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing, a valid Vermont Registered Nurse license.
- Prefer a Master of Science in Nursing. Valid driver’s license.
The Converse Home offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, retirement, and vacation time. Come join a great team and love where you work!
To learn more about The Converse Home and apply online, please visit www.conversehome.com or send your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
The Converse Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We at The Converse Home are working in 2023 to build different opportunities to provide a more equitable work community. It is important we strive for a diverse leadership team in order to do this. One of our Co Executive directors is attending the Vermont Leadership Institute and has a goal to create a more equitable culture by putting some of what she is learning into practice with a strategic and thoughtful approach. We are located in downtown Burlington and have a very diverse staff and we strive to create and maintain a sense of belonging. We have access for staff who English is not their primary language, to complete yearly education hours successfully. We are planning trainings for 2023 among leadership on understanding equity and equality, and trainings for all staff to work together in a culturally diverse environment with respect and understanding. We will be working in 2023 to create a more diversely sensitive holiday time off benefit plan. We also have created a diversity and inclusion calendar, to recognize and celebrate all our differences, for staff common areas.