As The Flynn prepares to re-open our building and resume performances of all types, we are looking for a Director of Sales and Marketing that will help us ensure the audiences are there for it. The Director will be responsible for developing a post-COVID marketing and sales plan that achieves our top-line revenue goals from ticket sales. This person will also work closely with our Development and Membership teams to ensure people know about and feel good about their involvement with The Flynn. They will also support efforts to ensure The Flynn is recognized for its impact on the community by officials at the local, state, and national levels.
The Director of Sales and Marketing will manage a multi-function team responsible for brand, digital marketing, email marketing, social media, public relations, print materials, box office sales, and customer service. They are responsible for expanding, promoting, and protecting the brand in all forms of media, particularly those that reach and engage The Flynn’s most enthusiastic and influential supporters.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
● Develop a new, post-COVID sales and marketing strategy for The Flynn.
● Work collaboratively to create effective marketing strategies to increase awareness and positive perception of The Flynn, its activities, services, and personnel.
● Develop a sales and marketing budget to meet the 2021/2022 organizational budget.
● Collaborate with the Executive Director to set financial goals and organizational narratives to increase sales and build community engagement.
● Develop, manage, and ensure the successful adherence to budgets and plans for all marketing, advertising, and sales campaigns through research and data on return-on-investment and profit-loss projections
● In subsequent years, develop an original sales and marketing budget to meet the organizational needs and requirements.
● Stay connected to peers and industry standards by attending conferences and regional meetings.
● Determine ticket prices and sales strategies through review of sales history, databases, and market demand.
● Solve challenges to ensure The Flynn is meeting its revenue goals through ticket sales volume and pricing.
● Support the sale and renewals of memberships.
● Support the education department in selling camps and paid educational programs.
Marketing and Media
● Manage and execute digital communications campaigns and promote the use of new technologies to increase efficiencies and amplify communication efforts.
● Ensure all community members are positively engaged and respond to customer questions and concerns online, on social media, and through email.
● Promote free, community events to ensure people attend and participate in those events.
● Manage and drive direction for the website and all social media channels.
● Build and supervise Public Relation strategies.
● Conduct regular audits of The Flynn customer data and email segmentations lists.
● Support fundraising by successfully promoting events, campaigns, and membership programs.
● Manage a team of marketers and agency partners to deliver on the strategy.
● Oversee the Box Office team to ensure a positive customer experience.
● Listen, communicate and perform diplomacy with internal and external customers and staff in all situations.
Reporting and Analytics
● Track all the progress of marketing strategies ticket sales through data analytics and provide regular sales reports to the Executive Director and at weekly Senior Staff meetings.
● Analyze market trends and economic factors that impact The Flynn.
● Identify through market research opportunities for new audiences and growth of existing customers.
● Identify our current patrons’ experience and articulate touchpoints opportunities to enhance their satisfaction and connection.
Direct supervision of the Box Office and Marketing teams.
Reports to the Executive Director
● Approximately 5-10 years marketing experience
● Proven experience as a Sales and Marketing Manager or relevant role
● Proven experience selling tickets to live events
● Strategic thinker who is aware of the big picture
● Ability to use data to drive decisions and set goals
● Strong understanding of traditional and digital marketing strategies
● Exceptional communications and storytelling skills
● Excited to work in the performing arts as part of a dedicated team
● Excellent knowledge of MS Office
● Familiarity of Tessitura is a plus
● Confident and articulate
The Flynn is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We strive to be diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective. Our goal is to build and maintain an organization where everyone can do their best work. We believe that people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people must be centered in the work we do, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.