- You can view the full job description here: ly/wakerobin-director-hr
- If you’d like more information before applying, feel free to contact our executive search partner, Beth Gilpin Consulting, at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential exploratory conversation.
As Wake Robin’s dedicated Director of HR, Anne Levesque, transitions to a new role at Wake Robin, they seek a strategic, well-rounded, and innovative HR professional to provide overall leadership, direction, and delivery of services to recruit, engage, develop, and retain Wake Robin’s amazing employees, who work together with a spirit of community, humor, and an appreciation for diversity.
The Director of HR is accountable for the overall leadership, direction, and delivery of services to recruit, engage, develop, and retain Wake Robin’s amazing employees.
The successful candidate will bring
- sincere care and concern for the well-being and employment experience of staff,
- a service orientation,
- an appreciation for difference, and
- a collaborative and team-oriented approach.
Competitive base salary within a hiring range starting at $95,000, and well-rounded benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Combined Time Off
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- EAP – Healthy Car Fund – PAL (emergency) loan program – gas discount card – education scholarships & school loan repayment programs
- Leadership, Strategic Planning, and Organizational Dynamics – Embed Wake Robin’s mission and core values of the community in HR practices & policies.
- Tactical HR Operations – Attract, engage, and retain our high-quality workforce; manage benefits and compensation; handle employment law issues and compliance
- Resident Relations – With leadership peers, bring communication and caring to the needs and experiences of community members
- Staff Management – Support our high-quality working environment through proactive performance and talent management, equity and inclusion initiatives, training, and employee development
- HR Generalist background, including 5+ years in a senior leadership role for an organization with 100+ employees.
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification.
- Strength in:
- Developing employees, building on their strengths, recognizing, and valuing difference, and supporting equity and inclusion
- Strategic leadership, vision, planning, program implementation and follow-up
- Collaborative problem-solving across different disciplines within the organization, with a focus on accountability in shared implementation of solutions
- Competency in:
- Recruitment, engagement, performance development, and retention
- Employee relations, and providing related guidance to managers
- Compensation and benefits planning and management
- HRIS system oversight
- Benefit planning and management
- Employment law and policy development and management
- Performance development
- Consistency of practice and procedure development and application
Location: The Director will need to live a commutable distance from Wake Robin, and primarily work on-site.
About Wake Robin
Wake Robin is a sustainable, dynamic community that honors both mutual support and independence, and addresses the health and wellness of each resident.
As a non-profit Life Plan Community (also known as a Continuing Care Retirement Community), we offer independent living and a full continuum of care – residential care, skilled nursing, and memory care.
One of Wake Robin’s core values is to recognize the importance of difference in our community, whether considering issues of staff diversity from a compliance perspective, the equity of policy or practice decisions, or the sense of inclusion we create as new staff join the community. The HR Director plays a key role in ensuring that we do all we can to create a community that values the differences all staff bring to this unique place, helps support their development and build on their strengths, and recognize and value difference. Our interest goes beyond staff and extends to our residents, who continually create study groups to discuss and learn about issues related to on racial justice, wage equity, and generational poverty.