Director of Customer Success
Union Street Media is looking for a talented and motivated Director of Customer Success to join our team. Union Street Media is an award-winning real estate digital marketing company, providing high performing websites and custom digital marketing solutions for real estate professionals, designed to help them grow their business.
Get in with a great team:
- We’re a tenacious team of talented strategists with extensive experience taking real estate businesses to the next level. We’re growing and want you to grow with us!
- Our vision is to be real estate’s most trusted digital marketing company. Our custom digital marketing solutions and award-winning websites for real estate professionals are unique in the industry.
- Our mission is to connect real estate professionals to their clients through remarkable online experiences that ensure they stand out. Through personalized guidance and innovation, we create relationships that open new doors.
- At Union Street Media, we believe in independence, in real and genuine relationships, and that real estate agents are the future. Most importantly, at Union Street Media, you’ll have a voice. We value everyone’s opinion and from company-wide goal-setting to crowdsourcing product ideas, collaboration is in our DNA.
The Director of Customer Success manages a team of digital advisors responsible for retaining and helping to grow our current client base, and customer support staff who provide technical support to our clients. Championing Customer Success company-wide requires accountability, leadership, and collaboration.
To succeed in this role, you will address future opportunities and problems before they arise. You’ll be laser focused on helping teams do their jobs better, through hiring and training, process improvement, systems and tooling development, and more. Above all, you’ll be a customer experience champion, instilling its importance company wide and helping others to see how they affect it.
Due to the nature of the real estate industry, this is not always a “9 to 5” gig: you’ll be expected to adjust your schedule to meet with prospective clients and team members, such as those in different time zones, or travel to events when necessary. Full-time remote/telecommute workers will be considered, although we strongly encourage our colleagues to join us in our office in beautiful Burlington, VT.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Foster a strong, collaborative Customer Success organization with a deep sense of commitment towards our customers and each other; build a culture where team members’ careers and clients’ relationships with Union Street Media both grow.
- Partner with all Union Street Media teams to develop better solutions, tools, and services to enhance our customer experience.
- Set the overall vision and strategic plan for Union Street Media’s service model, focusing on delivering a positive customer experience, increasing product adoption, and driving growth through increased monthly recurring revenue and strong customer retention.
- Responsible for managing, hiring, and training Union Street Media’s Customer Success team and, within six to twelve months, Union Street Media’s Technical Support team; Conduct performance reviews and develop direct reports, such as through coaching; Assist HR with recruiting.
- Identify key metrics and implement practices to track customer success, such as customer satisfaction and flight risk indicators. Responsible for forecasting, progress reporting, and analysis of customer satisfaction and retention metrics.
- Manage day-to-day operations and culture of continuous improvement; deliver seamless support, address escalated client issues with speed and urgency, and optimize customer lifecycle by creating programs and initiatives to improve engagement.
- Seeks ways to improve employee productivity, such as through automation (ex. bulk emailing client communication), knowledge sharing, and process improvement.
- Work closely with sales and marketing leaders to drive proactive retention strategies, such as educating and connecting customers to relevant information (e.g. best practices guides, webinars, how to videos, etc.).
- Drive account growth and increase revenue by identifying and collaborating with sales stakeholders on up-sell opportunities.
- Understand and stay apprised of changes in the real estate and digital media industries. Share knowledge and coordinate training as needed. Create, maintain, and share internal and client facing documentation.
- Maintain client data in Union Street Media’s internal CRM, Salesforce. Responsible for the quality and thoroughness of account information on which other departments depend.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and trade shows as needed.
- Self-motivated person with a passion for all things digital and a passion for our vision: to be real estate’s most trusted digital marketing company.
- 5+ years of customer-facing experience in account management, technical or business consulting, customer success, or customer support within a SaaS environment.
- 3+ years of experience leading and growing customer-facing teams.
- Proven ability to develop strategies, translate them into initiatives, and track successful delivery.
- Demonstrated operational excellence in analytical thinking, process development and improvement, problem-solving, communication, and planning.
- Familiarity with digital marketing practices and principles.
- Creativity to approach building and strengthening customer relationships in groundbreaking new ways.
- Comfort interacting with and presenting to anyone, communicating complex concepts so they’re easy to understand, and persuading others to follow our recommendations.
- Willingness to get into the weeds and delegate to others; ability to move between strategy development and tactical execution.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to hit deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to chart a path forward in a changing environment.
- A belief in our concept, a strong work ethic, and team mentality.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed (no more than 10% of the time).
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Schedule: Position is open immediately. This is a full time position.
To Apply: Email resumes to email@example.com.
Union Street Media is an equal opportunity employer. Leveraging the diversity of our people and sustaining a culture of inclusion is one of the key pillars of our success as a company. Bringing together people with different disciplines, different backgrounds and experiences, different cultures and from different generations makes us a stronger, better organization. Quite simply, creating a culture of inclusion and diversity of thought drives our success.
Leveraging the diversity of our people and sustaining a culture of inclusion is one of the key pillars of our success as a company. Bringing together people with different disciplines, different backgrounds and experiences, different cultures and from different generations makes us a stronger, better organization. Quite simply, creating a culture of inclusion and diversity of thought drives our success.