Every day, NuHarbor Security improves the cybersecurity of our clients. Our managed security services are always watching over them, ensuring their systems are configured correctly and alerting them when real security events occur, while our penetration testing and information assurance teams provide security insight and recommendations to improve protections and shared response activities. We’re growing quickly because our clients, and the general market, are looking for more comprehensive assistance with their security strategy than product vendors or traditional service providers can offer.
NuHarbor clients value our steadfast overwatch, insights, and action on security threats. We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us develop and manage our expanding use of common collaboration and service delivery platforms. Reporting into the Director of Technology, this role is critical to our continued streamlining of operations for our security teams. You will use your creativity and expertise with DevOps practices and tools to automate and simplify our mission critical processes. If you have proven experience using the platforms to make people’s lives easier and have a passion for changing the cybersecurity industry, then read on.
What you’ll do:
- Support and embody our shared values:
- Protect our house
- Help clients win
- Always improve
- Collaborate directly with various teams across the org to support, maintain, design and build solutions that support the strategy and growth of the firm, encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
- Provision, configure and maintain AWS, Azure cloud infrastructure defined as code
- Build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of AWS, Azure infrastructure and systems
- Investigate and advocate for improvements – You will exercise your own experience, insight, and research to identify opportunities for DevOps tools and practices, implementing and maintaining development, testing, and automation tools
- Perform infrastructure cost analysis and optimization
- Maintain company infrastructure, networks, systems, applications, and services, including planning, deployment, and maintenance
- Provide technical support to staff as a member of the IT team, as needed
- Support junior staff as an escalation point and as a mentor
- Ensure that appropriate policies are in place, and implemented properly to meet compliance audits
What you’ll bring
- Proven experience implementing process improvement initiatives that increase quality or efficiency.
- Optimism. You believe in the power of creativity, technology, and talent to create brighter futures or our people, our clients, and our communities.
- Open-mindedness. We are inclusive and collaborative; we encourage the free exchange of ideas; we respect and celebrate diverse views.
- A passion for learning. One of our values is to Always Improve. Continuous learning is key to success at NuHarbor.
Your experience should include
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience operating cloud infrastructure using automated processes and configuration-as-code, such as Terraform, CloudFormation, and Azure Resource Manager.
- General IT infrastructure administration, including networks, servers, and commercial applications
- Demonstrated experience working with internal stakeholders to solve business process problems and serving as a point of technical escalation.
- Verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adjust to different audiences ranging from employee to executive.
- Leading process improvement and change initiatives using DevOps methodologies.
- Experience using scripting languages to automate tasks and integrate tools using application programming interfaces (API). Python preferred.
- Jira Administration experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Business Management
- We are always open to proven success and experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience in an IT services or technology company preferred
What you can expect:
- The engagement and support of company leadership who recognize the challenge of marketing a complex cybersecurity service in a chaotic market
- An organization that recognizes and rewards employee commitment and contribution to our customers’ satisfaction and success
- Growth in your career and capabilities as you help to chart a path to improving customer interactivity and service adoption
- A collaborative and driven working environment in a rapidly growing company and market
- A fun and social working environment where you are encouraged to be your true self
You can also expect competitive salary and benefits, including paid time to give back in your community and generous PTO.
We are purpose driven. We, as an organization, above anything else protect the house first and then help our customers win. If this sounds like the kind of organization you’d like
to be a part of, we hope to talk soon.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of NuHarbor Security is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. NuHarbor Security hires and promotes individuals solely based on their qualifications for the job to be filled.
NuHarbor Security believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.
Vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and severity of COVID-19 cases in the workplace, in communities, and in the nation as a whole. NuHarbor Security has policy on mandatory vaccination to safeguard the health of our employees from the hazard of COVID-19, effective January 3, 2022. This policy prioritizes our first value, Protect the House, by ensuring the safety of our co-workers, their families, our customers, and visitors.
At NuHarbor Security, we take care of each other and protect our inclusive culture with diverse experiences, backgrounds, and unique perspectives. ‘Protect the House’ is our primary value because every person on our Crew facilitates the innovation required to make a difference in the world of cybersecurity, for our clients, our business, and our team.
NuHarbor is committed to the diversity of our Crew, personal and professional growth regardless of role, aspirations, or background and we support a workforce that gives back to our communities. We are on a mission to make cybersecurity easier. This is why we encourage every single person to bring their whole self to work each day and find fulfillment at NuHarbor.