Spectrum is seeking a passionate, and motivated Development Officer to join our Development & Communications team. This newly created position is responsible for developing and implementing engagement and fundraising strategies to track, enhance, and grow revenue and build relationships with current and prospective donors.
Please apply by November 1st to be considered for this position. No phone calls please. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered. This is an exempt position with an anticipated annual salary of $48,000.00 – $58,000.00, depending on experience.
- Assist the director in creating solicitation and year-round engagement strategies to strengthen relationships with new and current donors.
- Develop annual donor stewardship and cultivation plan and associated calendar.
- Establish and maintain complete and accurate tracking processes & systems to recognize, cultivate, acknowledge, and communicate with past and current donors.
- Manage the appeal mailing process, working in partnership with team members and external vendors.
- Research, qualify and cultivate new major gift donor prospects, and support the director and executive director in their stewardship and cultivation of major donors.
- Provide professional assistance and interaction with donors via phone, computer, and face-to-face.
- Work collaboratively with the executive director and team to best support donor stewardship, solicitations, and events.
- Other duties as needed to help the organization reach its annual goals.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in nonprofit development and direct donor relations.
- A high degree of commitment and passion for mission of Spectrum, and a commitment to continuous learning of best practices in fundraising and communications.
- Demonstrated ability to establish, develop and maintain meaningful and authentic relationships with donor prospects, donors, board members and other constituents.
- Exceptional attention to details, well organized, focused and goal oriented, with a high level of initiative, energy, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to represent Spectrum with donors and the general public.
- The knowledge and ability to create, execute and/or support, and oversee a comprehensive donor acknowledgement and recognition plan.
- Prior experience in database management required; Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Candidates without this degree but with significant experience in the field are encouraged to apply.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Commitment to the value of diversity with respect to gender, race, age, socio-economic level, sexual orientation, and religion.
Please apply by November 15th to be considered for this position. Anticipated Salary: $48k to $58k depending on experience. No phone calls please. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered
Spectrum’s Diversity Commitment
Youth and adults of all social and cultural identities; including race, religion, ethnicity, class, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, age, country of origin, immigration status, and mobility; should be treated with respect, dignity, and equity.
Spectrum Youth and Family Services is committed to creating and maintaining an environment and community that:
•is free from racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, and all forms of injustice and inequity;
•is free from the weight of hate, discrimination, and fear;
•is uncompromised in physical and emotional safety; and
•fosters and practices civil and respectful dialogue.