Summary: CCTV Center for Media + Democracy is a nationally recognized community media center based in Burlington, Vermont. We are looking for an energetic and organized development leader with a track record of community engagement and financial success to be a team member and revenue leader, supporting CCTV programs through grant writing, underwriting and donor cultivation. Applications due by 9/21/22. Send cover letter with CV of relevant experience and a writing sample to Lauren-Glenn Davitian, Executive Director, davitian [at] cctv [dot] org (davitian [at] cctv [dot] org)
Hours, Salary and Benefits: The position is 36-40 hours weekly at a salary range of $50K-$54K commensurate with experience, skills, education and training. We offer a generous benefits package and CTO.
We welcome and encourage applications from visible minority group members, Indigenous persons, members of the LGBTQ community, persons with disabilities and others who may contribute to the diversity of the organization and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
Job description: Director of Development works with the co-directors and staff to meet revenue goals through grant development and management, donor relations and fundraising campaigns, underwriting development and management, and event planning and management. The position oversees the work of the Outreach + Marketing Coordinator who is responsible for donor database management for the organization (Neon) (including gift entry and acknowledgement, reporting, analysis, and reconciliation).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or business preferred.
- 5+ year working on sales, development, nonprofit settings.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience with successful grant development and management including federal, state and local grants.
- Experience with cultivating new and expanding existing donor relationships over time.
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement an annual strategic development plan.
- Ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail.
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- Commitment for CCTV’s mission.
- Computer savvy: proficient in Google and Microsoft Office suites; ability to quickly learn and manage fundraising databases (Neon) and other software.
- Video experience helpful (training available).
Schedule and work environment
- The schedule typically operates within standard business hours, typically at CCTV’s office and Town Meeting TV studios on Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.- 6 p.m.. with some evening/weekend activities. Some telework is possible.
- Some travel required for off-site meetings and training.
- Primarily within an open office environment with moderate noise levels.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strategic Agility: Translates business vision into clear strategies and specific priorities to help others focus their efforts for business success. Has broad knowledge and perspective and can anticipate and adapt to future consequences and trends accurately.
- Results and Bottom line Oriented: Persists in working to meet objectives despite obstacles and opposition. Understands and uses speed as a competitive advantage. Completes projects on time and within budget.
- Sales Acumen: Knows how to communicate CCTV work into proposals, cultivate leads and close a deal.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: Experienced at making sound and timely decisions in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission, core purpose and strategic thrusts – taking in both overt and underlying issues.
- Gets Work Done Through Others: Creates a climate in which people want to do their best. Sets clear objectives, assigns responsibility, monitors progress and results. Provides information in timely manner. Helps to develop systems that improve efficiency and effectiveness of team members. Brings out the best in people and helps to develop their skills, interests and talents for the benefit of the organization.
- Communications: Exceptional Written and verbal Communications.
CCTV is part of a network of access centers in VT and nationwide, committed to access and free speech for and by all community members. CCTV has been applying an equity and diversity lens since it's founding through both community coverage, programming, and internal discussions.(see 2012 statement https://www.cctv.org/news/cctv-diversity-values-statement.) There is still much work to be done to make this organization reflect the community it serves and work for this organization to do in helping to meet the mission of opening the doors to local democracy and community participation for all.