Do you have a passion and drive to apply your talents to make a difference? Are you looking for an employer that understands the importance of having a work-life balance? Green Mountain Habitat for Humanity (GMHFH) is seeking a talented professional to serve as its Development Coordinator in support of its mission of helping local families build strength, stability, and self-reliance through affordable homeownership.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for all administrative aspects of development and communication activities and plays an important role in providing fundraising and administrative support to the Development team. This position participates in all fundraising activities, including donor relations, marketing, communications, direct mail appeals, and special events.
Annual Fund Development:
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgment letters and other correspondence.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and dashboards.
- Send appropriate documentation to process credits to donors.
- Manage relationships in the database and communicate accordingly with various stakeholders for updates.
- Maintain foundation, corporation, and individual donor files (on the database and server).
- Reconcile donations with the Finance Department monthly and work closely with Finance on grant payments and reporting, ACH transactions, and stock donations.
- Handle all administrative details associated with Development and special events (i.e., prepare and distribute invitations, agendas, refreshments, etc.).
- Coordinate production and mailing of spring and year-end appeal letters.
- Work closely with our ReStores on front-line fundraising efforts and ideas and training
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation, and individual donors.
- Seek out new prospective donors and work with Development Director on wealth screenings.
- Bring forward new donors to Development Director and CEO and help to craft strategy and communications
- Assist in planning and writing donor communications (e-news, appeals, and segmented outreach)
- Work with the Marketing Manager to combine email lists and development communication plan
- Manage donor database (Bloomerang) to ensure all data and records are up to date, export mailing lists, import new donors accurately, and create monthly and yearly financial reports.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business, non-profit management, administration, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in a development or administrative position, preferably in a not-for-profit
- Proficiency in Microsoft and database management experience – Bloomerang preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A self-starter, data and deadline-driven, and ability solid organizational and time-management skills
- Passion for the Habitat mission of affordable homeownership and housing trends
- A sense of humor and a positive attitude
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is currently $45,000- $50,000 per year, depending on experience. Initial compensation is determined based on the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience. Benefits include a health reimbursement plan, 120 hours of vacation and sick time, ten paid holidays, and a 20% staff discount at the Habitat Restore.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume as a single PDF document to Alison Johnson, Development Director, at email@example.com. Please use “Development Coordinator – Your Name” as the subject line. Position open until filled. No phone calls, please.
Green Mountain Habitat for Humanity celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.