Title: Development and Communications Director
Job Type: 1 F/T Position (40/week)
Reports To: Executive Director
Compensation: $56,000 plus the Center’s comprehensive benefits plan includes 100% employer funded health, dental, and generous time-off allotment.
The Development Director will work in partnership with the Executive Director to support strategic fundraising and community engagement efforts that support the vision, mission, and values of Pride Center of Vermont. They will lead the Development and Communications team to implement effective fundraising campaigns, communicate with current and prospective donors, and continue to build a sustainable financial future for our organization.
With an emphasis on promoting the enhancement and engagement of support for Pride Center’s work, this position also manages the organization’s communication tools, including but not limited to our donor database, all social media platforms, electronic newsletters, and print materials, in collaboration with the Development and Communications team.
In partnership with the Executive Director, the Development Director will help guide the fiscal growth and stability of the Pride Center of Vermont.
– In collaboration with Executive Director, develop an annual fundraising plan
– Secure financial support from individuals, private foundations, and value-aligned corporations
– Manage the data entry and gift processing via the donor-management platform
– Maintain up-to-date records of donations and donor information, including monthly reporting to bookkeeper, Executive Director, and Development Committee.
– Develop and maintain relationships with individual and value-aligned corporate donors
– In collaboration with Executive Director, create and execute a major donor outreach strategy, coordinate and select flagship and fundraising events working closely with event committees and Board Development committee
– Develop and track foundation and fundraising partnership proposals and reports
– Co-Chair the Development Committee of the Board of the Directors.
– Facilitate Board involvement in events, fundraising, etc.
Support and Supervise the Development and Communications team in the ideation, planning, coordination and implementation of all marketing, communications and public relations activities for Pride Center of Vermont.
– Develop, coordinate, and implement an annual communications plan that infuses all marketing materials and social media channels with effective branding and messaging of Pride Center of Vermont’s mission and values.
– Support the creation, maintenance, and delivery of content and design elements (logo, fonts, brand identity) for print and web materials, including newsletters, website, press releases, and other social media campaigns as needed In collaboration with the development and communications team
– In partnership with the Executive Director and the Leadership team, act as liaison to media outlets.
– Maintain accurate email lists;
– Supervise development and communications staff
– Collaborate with PCVT Leadership Team to provide on-going support for agency-wide administrative functions;
– Manage timeline and budget(s) effectively;
– Create comprehensive fundraising and communications data to guide strategic planning.
– Assist with other organizational duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
– Ability to connect with diverse groups within, for, and beyond LGBTQ+ communities;
– Lived experience within and/or knowledge of statewide LGBTQ+ communities;
– Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to equity, inclusion, accessibility, and anti-oppression work;
– Experience planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating fundraising and other development efforts;
– 2+ years Experience with supervising and/or team coordination;
– Ability to multitask, problem-solve, prioritize and maintain boundaries effectively;
– Internet access for virtual education, communications, and collaborations;
– Valid driver’s license for statewide travel.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
– Exceptional time management skills and follow-through, emotional self-awareness, compassion, healthy sense of humor, commitment to work/life balance, and a desire to be on a team that takes care of one another;
– Tech savvy with working knowledge of donor database software, Google Suite, Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, July 20th.
Pride Center of Vermont values the leadership of People of Color and LGBTQ+ individuals and strongly encourages people of all traditionally underrepresented identities to apply. No applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
In alignment with our organizational values, below are 3 things that we ask of our staff and board.
Strive to ensure our board and staff accurately and authentically represents the communities we serve with a focus on racial equity, inclusion, and belonging. This means prioritizing recruitment, support, and retention of BIPOC queer and trans leaders and the advancement of a racially inclusive, gender expansive, diverse team
Actively work to disrupt systems of white supremacy and advance racial justice within the organization. Commit to taking personal accountability and responsibility of centering racial justice in my board work through both staff and board BEIB committees.
Commit to active learning and self-growth outside of my lived experience, by taking an honest inventory of my privileges, and educating myself on how oppression shows up differently and disproportionately across identity categories. I will be accountable to understanding how folks at intersections of multiple marginalized identities across race, sex, gender identity, socio-economic status, and disability, face increased barriers.
For recommendations on racial justice readings, see here. For an overview of the violences impacting black trans women in particular, see this article.