Let’s Grow Kids (LGK) seeks a motivated, customer-focused and detail-oriented individual to maintain its databases, train and educate staff on internal systems, and provide operational support in its Montpelier Office.
Our ideal candidate is approachable, inquisitive, and patient. This person loves to figure out a new tool/technology/application, and also has an affinity for teaching technology to people with a wide range of skills and interests. Our ideal candidate recognizes the role data and strong systems have in enhancing an organization and thrives in a team environment. If you have interest in this position and in the mission of Let’s Grow Kids, with comparable experience, we encourage you to apply.
Role of Data Systems Specialist
This position will report to the Director of Data & Operations as part of the Operations and Evaluation team, which provides support and integration services across the organization.
The position responsibilities include:
- Coordinate training of staff and continued support on file management and data systems (approximately 40% of effort)
- Supports staff in effective use of database, file management, communications, accounting and other IT systems
- Plans and implements ongoing internal trainings in EveryAction, SharePoint, Microsoft Office Suite, and other systems as needed.
- Documents internal best practices and procedures of systems.
- Orients new staff to database, accounting, and hardware and software systems
- Coordinate and support databases and systems (approximately 40% of effort)
- Enters donor and supporter information into database as received
- Completes weekly data hygiene analyses to uphold a high level of data integrity
- Checks data and data reports for accuracy and trends, elevating opportunities for more streamlined data
- Updates internal SharePoint resources and performs data checks and maintenance to ensure accurate and timely information is provided to staff in an easy-to-access manner.
- Acts as administrator for communication systems (Outlook, Slack, Zoom, SharePoint)
- Supports teams in ensuring team priorities are accurately reflected in data infrastructure
- Coordinate and ensure smooth operation of Montpelier office (approximately 15% of effort)
- Maintains office inventory and supplies
- Maintains relationship with landlord(s), office supply, and maintenance vendors, as needed
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail
- Supports hybrid and in-person meetings at the Montpelier office
- Other duties as assigned (approximately 5% of effort)
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective and thought. Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication styles, nationalities, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.