This position will be responsible for working as the company’s primary contact with GMP customers. This role relies on building strong relationships with GMP customers. The ability to effectively solve problems and negotiate optimum payment arrangements are essential skills.
Working as part of a highly functional team, this role requires a passion for customer service, strong communication and organization skills and an attention to detail while focusing on the bigger picture. The position requires strong analytical, problems solving and research skills as well as a general understanding of basic electricity and associated terminology.
This position will perform routine and complex customer service activities which require direct interaction with customers. The ability to think practically and strategically in order to maximize new technology, seize GMP’s innovative culture and ensure continuous process improvement and high customer satisfaction is essential.
- Empower customers to make energy conscious decisions by educating customers about new products and services related to energy use and consumption
- Assist with all aspects of customer account maintenance
- Support customers during outage events
- Enhance the customer’s experience with GMP by creating positive relationships and experiences
- Overtime is expected-including but not limited to: meetings, storm restoration, training
- Work independently and effectively in a team oriented environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and thrive in a constantly changing and fast paced environment
- Energetic and positive attitude with a dedication to customer satisfaction
- Approachable and dependable
- Willingness to “own” problems or tasks and follow through to completion
- Strong mathematical and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form
- Listens to customer and gives a personal touch
- Creates a positive customer experience/relationship
- Communicates with customers via multiple channels as they are implemented: telephone, email, chat, text, etc
- Working knowledge of computers and customer service standards
- Safety conscious and mindful of potential hazards to ensure a safe and productive work environment for self and others
- Embraces continuous learning and new technologies
- Ability to use a computer to research or process work related to Customer Energy Consultant functions
Non-Standard Work Day: 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
Scheduling within these hours will be flexible to meet customer call volume
Overtime and extended hours required during outages
Location = Vermont
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At GMP we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.