Why you should join our team
The Contracts and Procurement Specialist is responsible for performing various functions and initiatives of increasing level of skill and difficulty by advising, problem-solving, researching, and performing assigned tasks within the department. This includes completing assigned tasks and projects using innovative approaches and solutions to business problems using their knowledge and experience of material acquisitions and contract management. Drafts, negotiates and executes contracts with external vendors including Master Service Agreements, Consulting Agreements, License Agreements, Maintenance Agreements, non-disclosure Agreements, Software Agreements, Statements of Work and other agreement types where applicable.
Contracts for services using established corporate policies, procedures, best practices and applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Works cross functionally to ensure cost-effective and efficient procurement of materials and services utilizing RFP, RFI, RFQ, or other resources and ensuring successful vendor engagements. Utilizes tools, applications and systems to perform functions within Contract and Procurement including vendor directories and contract management systems. Vendor Contract Consultants perform special projects as assigned by management.
How you will make an impact
• Participates in the vendor material and contracting process including drafting, negotiating and executing contracts
• Ensures cost effective and efficient acquisition of materials and services through appropriate acquisition processes including use of RFP, RFI, and RFQ, identifying contracting/market/supplier opportunities
• Ensures successful onboarding of vendors through the implementation process
• Performs, participates in department projects which includes interacting with cross functional teams
• Enters and maintains data in various systems in support of Contracting and Procurement functions such as capturing vendor information in directories, monitoring the contract review and approval process, entering metadata from contracts,
• Manage material acquisition of purchase orders and change orders.
• Liaise with suppliers to expedite the delivery of goods and materials.
• Project inventory management
• Assist in the development of contract and procurement strategy that aligns with Company strategic plan.
• Ensure necessary procedural controls and policies are followed.
• Assist with maintaining a central contract repository file.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Who you are
Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or business administration preferred or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
Minimum 4 years’ experience in Supply Chain, Materials Purchasing, Contract Management or similar field.
The fine print
Strong knowledge of contract and/or supply chain principles and procedures.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Strong administrative, written and communication skills.
Strong organizational and analytical skills and ability to meet deadlines.
Management and team leadership skills to manage employees through the procurement process.
Financial skills needed:
• Ability to coordinate directly with management and non-management employees
• Proficient use of a variety of computer applications; i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, at a minimum
• Ability to work independently in determining daily priorities to complete assignments and recognize and adjust to changing priorities
Must be able to withstand prolonged periods of sitting or standing at a desk while working on a computer. Must be able to perform typical administrative functions which may involve long periods of keyboarding and periodically of scanning, filing, copying, etc. Must be able to maintain fast pace while completing complex work, with competing priorities, within tight timelines and with frequent interruptions. Must be able to work additional hours when necessary, and maintain a valid driver’s license.
VELCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
• Starting pay will be determined at the time of offer based on the experience, education, and training of the successful candidate.
• Eligible applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
• Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successful reference check, background check, physical examination, drug screening, and documentation of Covid-19 vaccination unless candidate qualifies for a vaccine exemption.
• VELCO’s headquarters are located in Rutland, Vermont. This is a hybrid position and the expectation is that the incumbent will spend at least two days per week onsite and more as needed.
• If you need an accommodation as part of the application or interview process please reach out.
At VELCO, we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion deepen expertise, perspective, and innovation. All insights, experiences, and backgrounds are needed for a brighter energy future and to create a sustainable Vermont. We welcome all to come learn, work, and grow with us.