University of Vermont Event Services (UES) is hiring a Conference Coordinator (Posting# S4201PO). Serve as member of “one-stop shop” team of Event Coordinators making project management decisions and providing logistical coordination and implementation in support of various conferences/meetings/events taking place throughout the year. This position will serve as the primary Contract Coordinator for all external clients using athletic facilities. Supply logistical coordination for multiple events (in person, virtual and/or hybrid) at differing stages of development. Provide strategic oversight for internal and external programs and events which may include budget development and oversight; contracting and providing financial reconciliation of vendors; facilitate print and digital material process; menu planning and development in partnership with caterer appropriate for event; provide onsite event support when needed; and financial close out. Collaborate with departmental production and scheduling teams, Athletics, UVM Dining Services, and other campus service providers to ensure quality event support is provided to clients. Actively engage in learning and practicing principles of industry standards and best practices, social justice and inclusion, environmental sustainability and delivering great customer experience. This position will report to the Conference Coordinator Manager. This is a bargaining unit position. This position is represented by the UVM Staff United Professional and Staff Bargaining Unit.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field and three years’ experience required.
• Effective interpersonal, communication and analytical skills to relay and accurately convey University policies and procedures to clients.
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects at various stages of development.
• Demonstrated project and resource coordination skills.
• Experience with various software programs, including MS Office.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, safe driving record, take University vehicle training, and be able to operate University vehicles.
• Demonstrated ongoing commitment to workplace diversity, sustainability and delivering exceptional value and wonderful experience for customers.
• Some early morning, night, and weekend work is required.
The University of Vermont places a great deal of value and energy into creating and encouraging a diverse and vibrant campus community not only among its students but also its staff and faculty. University Event Services as a department of professional and student staff consciously works to not only meet the goals around diversity, equity and inclusion but strives to help set the example of how a department can embrace and foster diversity for this community. This is done by actively working to educate and develop our skills and knowledge and to create a welcoming, supportive, and safe space for our team members to work and thrive. Staff participate in regular trainings and often spend time discussing and developing awareness and knowledge in one-on-one and group dialogs.