CVFiber is Hiring a Community Relations Manager!
CVFiber is excited to share that we are seeking to hire a Community Relations Manager. Details of this exciting opportunity, including instructions to apply, are below.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: March 7, 2023 or until the position is filled.
CVFiber is a Vermont Communications Union District (CUD) that includes 20 towns in Central Vermont. We are building public fiber infrastructure to help ensure that every address with existing electric utility service will have access to affordable, reliable, high-speed broadband Internet. The overall project will require at least $60 million, take at least four years to complete, and require continued engagement from the communities who will be served.
CVFiber is working with key partners including Waitsfield Champlain Valley Telecom, Mission Broadband, and the National Rural Telecommunications Cooperative. We are internally run by delegates from each town we serve, by committees including a Communications Committee, and we have hired a marketing agency to help us with our public engagement goals.
The Community Relations Manager will work with the Governing Board, Executive Committee, and Communications Committee to manage the interface between our public engagement partners and key communications personnel within CVFiber, engage with members of our communities, manage projects that enhance our brand presence, and report back to Committees and the Board on performance metrics of CVFiber’s marketing campaigns.
As a new position within a young and growing organization, the Community Relations Manager will need flexibility, energy, and a willingness to listen and learn from Board members, partners, and community members. Responsibilities will be varied. A good candidate will be passionate about providing Internet access to rural, underserved communities, and able to communicate that excitement to people of many ages, backgrounds, and levels of technical understanding – in various platforms including in writing and in person.
LOCATION, HOURS, AND COMPENSATION
This full-time position will have a public-facing presence and work remotely. Frequent trips to towns throughout the service area of Washington County will be required for in-person meetings with community members.
This position has a flexible schedule; however, evening meetings will be required with some regularity to stay involved with both CVFiber’s internal Board and Committees who typically meet in the evening, as well as community Select boards and other community events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and maintain CVFiber’s public-facing identity and branding
- Create and optimize marketing campaigns that drive awareness and increase customer acquisitions
- Manage relationships with our partners, including marketing agencies, software vendors, print shops, local influencers, media outlets, etc.
- Assist marketing agencies with campaigns for desired voice & tone and in a manner that feels local to our community and true to our brand
- Manage website updates
- Manage social media posts, press releases, email campaigns, local forums, print materials, and press events
- Report on performance marketing metrics and highlights of successes and failures to teach the entire organization about what is working and what is not
- Manage marketing and communications budget, staying within budget
- Engage with CVFiber Committees to stay close to the inner workings, such that regular community updates can be written accurately and in a manner of interest to our community
- Attend local community events, such a Select Board meetings, farmer’s markets, senior center presentations, and more, to provide local engagement and drive awareness and goodwill
- As we become operational, the role will include maintaining consistent and positive public relationships and coordination with operations and construction management to facilitate communications with customers.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Clear communicator: Verbal and written skills
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Able to communicate technical information to a variety of communities, creating a narrative about our mission
- Strong writer with experience in writing for marketing, online platforms, press releases. Experience writing and editing on a deadline
- Empathetic “people person,” able to make connections with people from many different backgrounds
- Interest in assisting with grant writing
- Marketing Experience – 2-3 Years
- Experience updating websites
- Experience managing social media accounts
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Teams
- Experience working with brand guidelines
- Ability to create attractive print media and evaluate graphic design
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
- Interest in learning technical information about fiber optic internet, mapping software
- Comfortable working with volunteer board members to shape and meet goals
- Able to multitask and work on diverse projects at the same time
- Familiar with Central Vermont, community organizations, and key players:
- Have reliable transportation and maintain a safe driving record
- Be willing to drive to all parts of the district
- Knowledge of Vermont, preference for a resident of Vermont
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Community Relations Manager Application” in the Subject Line.
CVFiber is committed to diversity in the workplace, an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s race, creed (religion), color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender expression), or sexual orientation. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
CVFiber is committed to a diverse, inclusive workplace and to offering our world class high speed Internet in an equitable, supportive manner, considering the many communities in our district. Connectivity is only the beginning!