The Family Supportive Housing (FSH) Clinician will provide clinical support and work intensively with individuals and families who are facing the risk of homelessness or are currently experiencing homelessness. This role assists individuals and families to address basic needs as well as previous and current barriers. The FSH Clinician will work collaboratively with agencies and community partners to provide resources clients with the ultimate goal of obtaining permanent housing and a positive quality of life.
- Regularly meet with clients in their homes and communities to assess housing needs and complete intake, following grant protocol guidelines
- Develop crisis plans for all family members
- Engage in advocacy and collaboration with agencies on behalf of families with the focus on successfully obtaining permanent and safe housing
- Coordinate parent/child education with a Strengthening Families framework and support the development of family protective factors
- Coordinate various plans among appropriate community partners, particularly in the areas Family Services, Reach-Up, and employment related supports
- Master’s Degree in related field
- On the Roster of Non-licensed and Noncertified Psychotherapists
- Experience working in home or community settings with families and children with complex needs
- A demonstrated commitment to a strengths-based intervention practice
- Valid Driver’s License and use of a personal vehicle
- Full Time
- Salary starting at $52,002.46
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with 80% agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families (pro-rated for part time). This Point of Service Plan features no deductible.
- Two Dental options through Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term insurance
- Medical & Childcare Flexible Spending Account
- Childcare Stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
- Employee referral and sign on bonus is subject to Howard Center policy.
Our Values: Clients are at the heart of our decision making. We are committed to individual and collective well-being and success. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We are steadfast in our practice and pursuit of excellence.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency’s culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color, LGBTQIA and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit “About Us” to review Howard Center’s EOE policy.
We are committed to becoming a model culture and community leader around issues of diversity, inclusion, and corporate values and responsibility. We want to ensure a welcoming, inclusive, equitable, and diverse environment for our staff, the people we serve, our partners, and community. In doing this, we must face old patterns, and in a respectful and positive way break though barriers and stereotypes, and have courageous conversations that will allow us to grow, expand, and more fully live our values and mission.