Therapist position working directly with individuals with developmental disabilities and their teams to offer therapeutic support. This position also has flexibility in creating groups tailored to meet the needs of our clients; these groups could include art, yoga, movement, coping strategies, etc. Goal to improve functioning, decrease symptomatology, and increase overall wellbeing. This position will be part of a supportive team and will have opportunities to collaborate with other clinicians. Experience with adults, ASD and/or ID diagnosis is strongly preferred. Understanding or interest in learning of DBT techniques is recommended.
Ideal candidates are trauma-informed, flexible, competent clinical writers, and creative.
- Counseling and therapy
- Treatment Planning
- Crisis Intervention
- Clinical Documentation
- Master’s degree in social work, counseling, psychology, or mental health field
- On the Roster of Non-licensed and Non-Certified Psychotherapists (License eligible)
- Two years’ experience providing counseling
- Driver’s license and use of a personal vehicle
- Full Time (37.5 hours)
- Annual salary starting at $52,002.46 (Non-Licensed) $54,285.18 (Licensed)
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience
Licensing Requirement Notice
Vermont regulation mandates that if you do not hold a valid license required for this position then you must be on the Roster of Nonlicensed & Noncertified Psychotherapists before you can be hired for work in this position. If you are not yet on the Roster, please begin the process immediately to avoid delay in hiring. Note this process may take 3-5 days for in-state applications and up to several weeks for out-of-state applications. Instructions can be found on the website for the Vermont Office of Professional Regulation
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with 80% agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families (pro-rated for part time). This Point of Service Plan features no deductible.
- Two Dental options through Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term insurance
- Medical & Childcare Flexible Spending Account
- Childcare Stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
- Employee referral and sign on bonus is subject to Howard Center policy.
Our Values: Clients are at the heart of our decision making. We are committed to individual and collective well-being and success. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We are steadfast in our practice and pursuit of excellence.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency’s culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color, LGBTQIA and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit “About Us” to review Howard Center’s EOE policy.
We are committed to becoming a model culture and community leader around issues of diversity, inclusion, and corporate values and responsibility. We want to ensure a welcoming, inclusive, equitable, and diverse environment for our staff, the people we serve, our partners, and community. In doing this, we must face old patterns, and in a respectful and positive way break though barriers and stereotypes, and have courageous conversations that will allow us to grow, expand, and more fully live our values and mission.