The Sr. Operations Manager is responsible for managing the production schedules and inventory across cultivation, processing, extraction/refining, infusion kitchen, QC Laboratory, and distribution This individual will ensure proper inventory management procedures and production reporting take place, including proper reporting within ERP system. They will also be responsible for effective supply-chain management and budget oversight within these departments.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure operational activities and initiatives are achieved. Reviews activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine each department’s progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Develops effective forecast models based on industry trends and demand patterns.
- Ensure output of all departments meets organizational goals, and implements improvements as needed.
- Directs the maintenance and updates of BOMs and Bill of Operations for production.
- Determines purchasing needs: Works with department and division managers, determines purchasing needs for production, wholesale and items bought for resale at retail locations. Determines best vendor, EOQ, safety stock, and reorder points based on forecasted and actual demand and ensures timely receipt and delivery of materials.
- Responsible for vendor onboarding and management. Collects, records and files necessary documents to satisfy internal and regulatory requirements
- Effectively works with controller to ensure budget to actual costs and production. Monitors and reports on production variances and takes corrective action when needed
- Enforces regulatory compliance and ethical business practices. Researches, identifies and acts on opportunities for growth, profitability, efficiency and improvement.
- Continuously reviews and improve policies, processes and procedures in support of organizational goals. Foster effective communication throughout the assigned departments.
- Responsible for hiring, scheduling employees’ work efforts, training, and evaluating employees. Responsible for coaching, counseling and managing employees’ performance, including corrective actions. Recommends employee pay changes and advancements. Reviews and approves employee timecards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study, plus 6 years in a similar role. Minimum of three years of relevant experience in a technical capacity
- Knowledge of principles of manufacturing processes including raw materials, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of business and management principles including strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
- Effective decision making and problem solving skills.
- Must successfully pass a thorough background check prior to hire, and each successive year during employment.
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation Range – $87,000 – $100,000 per year depending on experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401k savings plan with employer match
- PTO and Paid holidays
- An opportunity to contribute to a lasting cannabis legacy
SLANG is an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. Your gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, or skin color won’t make a difference here. If you’re smart and good at what you do, come as you are