CCBHC Project Director
Northeast Kingdom Human Services is seeking a full-time CCBHC Project Director to oversee and direct Northeast Kingdom Human Services’ development into a Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic.
NKHS is a 501(c)(3) private not-for-profit organization operating with the purpose of promoting high quality, comprehensive community mental health programs in Vermont’s beautiful Northeast Kingdom. Our mission is to empower individuals, families, and communities by promoting hope, healing, and support. NKHS is a Designated Agency contracted with the State of Vermont to provide the highest quality of service in the areas of adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities, children and youth with serious emotional disabilities, and adults with mental health and substance use challenges. We serve the populations of Caledonia, Essex, and Orleans counties through a wide variety of targeted programs for individuals of all ages. NKHS has over 450 employees providing case management, community and home supports, residential care, psychiatry, medication management, therapy, vocational supports, school based counseling, emergency care, and respite services. These services are provided annually to nearly 4,000 of our local community members, helping them overcome challenges and achieve health in mind, body, and spirit.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Maintain knowledge, experience of behavioral health services and service delivery.
- Provide overall oversight and leadership for all aspects of the grant, including ensuring that grant activities discussed in Section B and Attachment 4 of your application are implemented as proposed.
- Ensure and report to SAMHSA on key program requirements, including any delays, barriers/challenges and strategies overcome these.
- Meet on a regular basis with the SAMHSA Government Project Officer.
- Ensure that all report requirements are submitted within the required timeframes.
- Alert SAMHSA of any upcoming changes to key staff and submit the required post award amendment request for SAMHSA approval of new proposed key staff.
- Respond to SAMHSA requests for information within the requested timeframes.
- In collaboration with Senior Leadership, develops project plans, project schedules, budgets, and expenditures.
- Assumes responsibility for implementing all project plans.
- Ensures that all project development plans and activities are executed and aligned with Northeast Kingdom Human Services’ values, mission, vision, and strategy.
- Ensures that project deadlines are met.
- Leads stakeholder meetings. Acts as a point of contact and communicates project status to all participants.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate effectively in a team-approach with ability to coordinate with community partners.
- Participates in CCBHC specific workgroups both internally and externally.
- Hires, orients, and trains project staff and assists in coordinating training and professional development for team members.
- Ensures compliance with all grant requirements, licensing requirements, and ethical protocols
- Provides guidance and supervision to the Project Evaluator to ensure continuous quality improvement and the collection of accurate and timely reporting of all required data.
- Trains, monitors, and evaluates project staff performance.
- Master’s degree in Human Services or Healthcare Administration.
- Must have a minimum of five years of experience in a supervisory role with clinical and management responsibilities.
- Prefer a minimum of three years behavioral healthcare experience.
- Independent licensure as a behavioral health practitioner in the state of Vermont is preferred.
- Knowledge/experience in services for mental health and dual diagnosis (chemical abuse and dependency) are required.
- Knowledge/experience managing research projects.
- Strong written and oral skills are necessary.
- Basic computer skills required, including familiarity with Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and demonstrate good time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and skills pertaining to time-effective behavioral health care treatment approaches.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Health and dental insurance.
- 403b retirement plan with agency contribution and match.
- Generous paid time off, including 5 weeks of vacation, 12 sick days and 12 paid holidays.
- Tuition & continuing education reimbursements and loan repayment program.
- Outstanding employee wellness program.
Please send resumes and direct all inquiries to
NKHS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
In order to best support our clients, NKHS is making diversity, equity and belonging a priority in our hiring process, which then translates into greater opportunities for our employees to provide inclusive mental health services to our clients.