Reporting to the Director, this position monitors, interprets and organizes the financial business of University Event Services under the leadership of the Director with specific responsibilities for financial planning and analysis, financial operations, reporting, HR personnel functions, and central office managerial tasks. Actively engage in learning and practicing principles of social justice and inclusion, environmental sustainability and delivering great customer experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and three years’ experience in a business related entrepreneurial or higher education field.
- Demonstrated proficiency with advanced use of spread sheets and formulas such as VLookup and pivot tables, web-based applications, word processing and related applications such as Microsoft 365, to conduct area business.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement efforts and effective analytical and organizational skills with ability to analyze and interpret financial data required.
- Knowledge of income/expense operations required.
- Ability to actively participate in a team environment required.
- Ability to utilize a diverse variety of web-based application software/programs (conference registration, housing and facilities scheduling software, PeopleSoft) required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, take University vehicle training, and be able to operate University vehicles.
- Demonstrated ongoing commitment to workplace diversity, sustainability and delivering exceptional value and great experience for customers.
UVM as an institution values and places Diversity, Equity & Inclusion as a fundamental part of "Our Common Ground" ideals and goals as a community. As a department of professional and student staff working to support programs both internal to UVM and from external clients looking towards UVM as a location for their event, it is critical for University Event Services (UES) to not only support these goals and ideals but be a leader on campus around active engagement and ongoing training and compentency in this area. Our staff regualrly attend various training efforts and are evaluated annually with DEI goals as part of a comprehensive set up developmental and performance expectations.