Responsible for managing all planning, organizing, staffing, and operating activities of the business insurance profit center with $90 Million in annual Premium and 30 employees. Lead the ongoing evaluation, analysis, optimization, and standardization of Business Insurance processes. Participate in the creation of the Business Insurance strategic plan and implement the annual tactical plan to meet short-term department objectives. Interface and manage our high standards with third-party Business Insurance resources.
- Supervise Business Insurance Account Managers, monitoring staff performance to ensure productivity and compliance with established workflows and procedures to ensure efficiency, quality, and service standards are met.
- Establish annual performance plan for Business Insurance staff; collect input from teams and deliver annual performance evaluations.
- Assist in facilitating communication between Account Managers and Sales team to ensure effective collaboration, resulting in high client satisfaction.
- Assess and become proficient in current business insurance workflow procedures with relevant current staff input and establish a culture of continuous improvement.
- Oversee new hire training program and construct and manage a continuous education program and a career path roadmap for existing and new employees.
- Supervise periodic assessments to ensure compliance with established workflows and procedures, helping to facilitate growth in skills and knowledge for the Business Insurance staff.
- Develop and maintain relevant matrices to ensure appropriate staffing levels necessary to anticipate future and meet current operational and service goals, recommending adjustments as needed, allocating and adjusting workloads for the Business Insurance service team.
- Participate in new employee selection and integration process, including interviewing and making hiring recommendations, and developing a plan to onboard new employees.
- Stay informed and disseminate appropriate information to personnel regarding general operations, carrier and industry developments and sales/service staff updates.
- Oversee and track training needs for staff and work in conjunction with IT/HR/Training Staff, on development, implementation and monitoring of staff progress.
- Lead relationship for third party service resources. Maintain and enforce workflows, assess current capacity and the need for additional resources.
- In conjunction with the executive management, develop and nurture carrier relationships, leveraging our ability to serve our clients through superior partnerships.
- Represent the department at end-of-year company meetings; solicit feedback from assigned staff relative to Account Manager and company interactions.
Our inclusive culture encourages sharing of new perspectives from our creative, productive, and committed staff. We empower all members of our organization to contribute to the mutual success of our team. Every person and each position at Hickok & Boardman are essential to fulfilling our mission to “proactively develop long-term relationships which are mutually beneficial to our clients, employees, Insurers and Community”. Collectively, our unique ideas and talents support our ability to exceed client expectations and deliver superior service in the best possible way.