The Center for Arts and Learning seeks a part-time bookkeeper to manage its nonprofit operations.
The Bookkeeper is primarily responsible for the care and maintenance of CAL’s financial activity and records. They ensure that routine transactions and reports are completed accurately and presented on time. They will act as support for other financial activities like 990 tax prep and business projections. This position includes some office admin support, but is primarily focused on bookkeeping.
This role serves as one of two contacts for billing inquiries, ensuring that invoices and payments are issued on time and collected appropriately. This may include working with CAL’s Treasurer. (The Executive Director is the other.)
This position is budgeted for 10 hours per week at $18-$20 per hour. This role reports to CAL’s Executive Director. This position is open until filled. To apply, please email: email@example.com
This includes routine transactions and reports (weekly, monthly, annual), and general office administration.
- Ensure timely collection of monthly rents from about two dozen tenants
- Record and correctly allocate sales, donation, and program income & expenses
- Provide accurate financial reports for programs and initiatives
- Monitor CAL’s building budget
- Produce Board-ready financial reports
- Maintain orderly files in a digital-forward office
- Reconcile transactions across multiple digital platforms
- Maintain good tenant, donor, and participant records
The person fit for this role is generally math literate, organized, friendly and approachable.
- Software: GSuite, Quickbooks Online, Quickbooks Payroll, Notion, Givebutter, Stripe, Square, professional internet / email use.
- This position works in a shared office with a computer, though some aspects could be conducted remotely.
- Sound knowledge of GAAP, nonprofit, and fund accounting are expected.
The Center for Arts and Learning is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, gender or other protected class. We welcome all interested applicants. To apply, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Center for Arts and Learning is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, gender or other protected class. We welcome all interested applicants.
Our Executive Director is a Southeast Asian refugee and longtime Vermonter. Artists we work with identify across the spectrum, including African American, transgender, queer, and in a range of ages and disciplines.