The role of the Tours Experience Hospitality Assistant Manager is to assist in managing efficient factory tour operations, while showcasing excellent customer service and living the Ben & Jerry’s 3-part mission daily.
Your goal will be to drive consumer loyalty and staff satisfaction by managing a fun, safe, clean, and high energy environment. You will also support and participate in all other areas of the Hospitality business, including the scoop and gift operations, to provide a seamless overall experience for our guests at the Waterbury Factory. The Tours Experience Hospitality Assistant Manager reports to the Tours Experience Hospitality Manager.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assist in supervising shop staff, ranging from 20 to 50 employees, with a strong emphasis on ensuring that the appropriate staff is available to service our fluctuating business needs including the additional summer staffing needs.
- Assist the Store Manager in the hiring and orientation of staff. Provide support in preparation for weekly payroll. Conduct in-store training and, with an added emphasis on ergonomics and safety for all work functions.
- Maintain effective operations and communications for the department, including store & staff appearance, proper cash handling procedures, customer service, cleanliness, compliance with all safety and operating standards, merchandising and production of waffle cones, novelties, and baked goods.
- Ensure that all opening and closing procedures are followed and executed.
- Support daily and weekly financial reporting requirements establish by the Shop Manager, to include daily sales and deposit reports, daily inventory logs, purchasing, paid out, vault balance, and monthly transfer logs as well as end of month inventory count and financial month closing process.
- Assist the Shop Manager with overseeing shop inventory, store sales and inventory levels to ensure proper stock levels. Report financial progress of the daily operations.
- Accountable for maintaining the accuracy of daily cashing in and out of all registers and cashiers, sales to cash reconciliation, and daily sales summary reports for their shift.
- Collaborate with the Shop Manager in the implementation of the store -marketing plan with an emphasis on marketing the store in the local community through innovative donations, catering, off premise opportunities, and special event programs.
- Manage the inventory ordering process which includes ordering, receiving, storage, and logging of all inventory items. Ensure all invoices are checked and discrepancies brought to the Shop Manager’s attention.
- Assist in the coordination and staffing of special events.
- Participate in store planning and development meetings with the General Manager, Store Managers, and attending other company meetings and activities to keep informed about the objectives of the Brand.
- Work on special projects as assigned by the Retail Operations team. These may include but are not limited to spreadsheet tracking, presentations at staff meetings and staff memos.
- Participate in first aid and emergency response for Hospitality operations, with the ability to serve as the onsite manager for all emergency situations. Actively support company safety goals by ensuring consistent safe work behaviors.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- 3+ years’ experience supervising staff in a retail or food service environment
- Experience in high volume, fast paced retail environment
- Strong understanding of accounting and finances
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong organization, follow-through, and time management skill
- Efficient initiative and detailed focus
- Strong project management skills and problem-solving ability
- Experience in handle customer complaints and providing recovery
- Flexibility, patience, and sense of humor, friendly, outgoing, and self-motivated team plater
- Ability to handle stressful situations calmly and quickly
- Highly professional, energetic, team-oriented individual with a positive “can –do” attitude and a strong commitment to outstanding customer service
- Autonomous, proactive and responsive disposition to anticipate and fulfill customer needs
- Physical aspects of the job include: oversize merchandise handling, bulk containers of ice cream, supply orders, general cleaning and maintenance and standing for long periods of time
- Flexible work hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
Over the past years, we have dedicated ourselves in new ways to understanding and developing strategies for the deep work necessary to uproot the systemic racism underpinning our racial inequity. Ben & Jerry’s is committed to becoming a truly antiracist company by eliminating racial disparities within the company and to disproportionately create Black wealth through our business relationships.
We are actively working to achieve equity in our workforce, franchise network and supplier base through a wide range of ongoing and evolving strategies that eliminate barriers, increase access to opportunity, and make real changes in our business practices and culture. This work will be supported by goals and internal metrics to maintain and report on our progress.
We have chosen to center on racial equity out of an understanding that the culture of white supremacy must be dismantled to achieve equity for all marginalized people. We have focused our strategies on outcomes for Black people because slavery and its legacy remain such a defining element of American life. We believe this targeted work will help us achieve our broader commitment to universal social equity.
The initial phase of this work focuses on our home market of the U.S., where the majority of our employees and business is located. As we learn and build our capacity for this work, we will expand it to our global markets where systemic racism in other forms, with roots in colonialism, persists.