Ben & Jerry’s:
Ben & Jerry’s Homemade Inc., started in 1978 in a renovated gas station in Burlington, Vermont, USA, founded by childhood friends and dedicated activists Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield. In 2000 Ben & Jerry’s became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Unilever with the remainder of an independent Board of Directors to provide leadership focused on preserving and expanding Ben & Jerry’s social mission, brand integrity, and product quality.
Ben & Jerry’s has an inspiring ambition. We are expanding rapidly in Europe and in new markets in Asia and Latin America. This translates into a high-paced growth environment married without uncompromising grassroots and activist spirit. That is how we remain a true purpose-led organization with a connected 3-part mission that are reflected in our KPI’s:
Social mission: We initiate innovative ways to improve the quality of life locally, nationally and internationally specifically on Climate Justice and Social Justice, Racial Justice, and Economic Justice
Product mission: We make and distribute the finest quality natural ice cream and euphoric concoctions
Economic mission: We operate our Company for sustainable, Profitable financial growth
About the Role
The Digital & Social Insight Analyst will be part of the Ben & Jerry’s global CMI team and will be responsible for analysis, reporting and actionable insights from a wide range of data including social, paid media, search, consumer behavior, fan contacts and competitive trends. It’s an exciting time for Ben & Jerry’s – everything from our product innovation to our activism – and strong digital & social analytics help us build brand love and are crucial pieces of bringing the Ben & Jerry’s euphoria to life.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- You have a clear understanding of technology trends and various ways of measuring and analyzing consumer behavior. You are comfortable using a wide range of analytical tools.
- Able to communicate the key findings and insight to senior stakeholders and peers both conversationally and in formal presentation style
- Ensure consumer & brand data is captured and handled securely and in accordance with regulations and Unilever policies, including, but not limited to GDPR, CCPA, EU Cookie Regulation
- You will be responsible for monitoring brand and consumer behavior and providing quantitative and qualitative analysis and insight for CMI projects. You will work closely with the Social & Digital Analytics Lead, as well as with other Ben & Jerry’s teams and agency partners to provide comprehensive insights to the brand.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in other functional areas of the business to understand and translate business objectives and initiatives into actionable insights & recommendations
- Monitor brand activations, industry trends, web site analytics, and consumer behavior trends to ‘keep a finger on the pulse’ of the brand’s digital presence
- Conduct analysis using in-house analytics tools, and be comfortable analyzing a range of social and business data
- Build, test, and execute queries on in-house social and search data tools
- Build and maintain dashboards for internal stakeholders using visualization tools & dashboards such as Brandwatch, Data Studio, and PowerBi
- Synthesizing data and analysis into impactful, action-orientated reports for internal stakeholders
- Provide qualitative and quantitative analysis and insight to inform business strategy, marketing and brand strategies, digital marketing content and strategies, communications, and new product development
- Monitors social & digital metrics, web site analytics, and consumer trends to identify issues and/or opportunities.
- Contributes to the A/B testing of digital strategies and audience segmentation
- Maintain a catalogue of previous requests/projects
- Partner with Consumer & Market Insights (CMI), Marketing, R&D, and Retail teams to educate stakeholders and align research projects to the brand’s strategic priorities
What You’ll Need To Succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent level of experience
- 1-2 years of experience in an analytical role and providing insights and recommendations based on analysis
- Proficiency in Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with digital media standards/best practices
- Experience writing briefs to answer business questions and working with cross-functional teams
- Passion for the digital world and its implication for business – an understanding of the social media landscape (organic & paid) and influencer marketing is highly desirable
- Experience with multiple facets of digital analytics (experience with some but not all necessary):
- SQL, DataStudio, PowerBi,
- Analytical tools, data modeling, query building, and storytelling
- Social analytics and/or NLP tools (Brandwatch, Crimson Hexagon, etc.)
- Data infrastructure principles and solutions
- Content management systems and principles
- Understanding of website analysis and optimization principles
- Have a strong commitment to our fans (love them more than they love us), the fun of ice cream, and working on an activist brand
For office-based, Research & Development, and remote positions, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to be eligible for employment. Religious and/or medical accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Over the past year, we have dedicated ourselves in new ways to understanding and developing strategies for the deep work necessary to uproot the systemic racism underpinning our racial inequity. Ben & Jerry’s is committed to becoming a truly antiracist company by eliminating racial disparities within the company and to disproportionately create Black wealth through our business relationships.
We are actively working to achieve equity in our workforce, franchise network and supplier base through a wide range of ongoing and evolving strategies that eliminate barriers, increase access to opportunity, and make real changes in our business practices and culture. This work will be supported by goals and internal metrics to maintain and report on our progress.
We have chosen to center on racial equity out of an understanding that the culture of white supremacy must be dismantled to achieve equity for all marginalized people. We have focused our strategies on outcomes for Black people because slavery and its legacy remain such a defining element of American life. We believe this targeted work will help us achieve our broader commitment to universal social equity.
The initial phase of this work focuses on our home market of the U.S., where the majority of our employees and business is located. As we learn and build our capacity for this work, we will expand it to our global markets where systemic racism in other forms, with roots in colonialism, persists.