About The Role:
Working with the Global Head of Consumer Insights to drive consumer insights into action, this role is responsible for analytics across digital and social channels and partnering cross-functionally to influence key growth pillars for Ben & Jerry’s. The role will work with the broader CMI & Marketing teams on brand health and innovation opportunities, and the Digital Marketing team to optimize the brand’s digital measurement strategy and impact. The role will cover the U.S. and global markets.
What You’ll Do & Who You Are
- Identify and analyze consumer trends including behaviors, perceptions & associations, and triggers & barriers of potential new ingredients/products and brand activations.
- Conduct category research to inform the brand and make actionable recommendations regarding new trends, audience segments, and potential partnerships.
- Monitor and report on consumer feedback of NPDs and new product campaigns.
- Monitor and report on the brand’s digital share of voice and share of engagement on top social media platforms.
- Work with the broader CMI and Consumer Services teams to provide the brand with holistic views of brand health, fans and markets.
- Work with CMI and other cross-functional teams on functionality and visualization of our Growth Roadmap.
INTEGRATED MARKETING MEASUREMENT
- Coordinate Integrated Marketing’s digital measurement strategy, continued data strategy, and work with stakeholders to apply learnings and optimize brand activations.
- Analyze cross-channel media performance and test & refine digital activation strategies to maximize ROI.
- Be a liaison between marketing teams and the broader CMI team.
- Ensure the brand is quickly & accurately connected to fans during campaign activations and product launches.
- Work with external partners (360i, Adobe, Google, Merkle, etc.) to ensure the brand is setup for success for a digital future without traditional cookies.
- Work closely with the Digital & Technology Steering Committee to implement Unilever’s ‘United’ and the ‘Global Insights Platform’.
- Work with the Retail team to continually improve POS data strategy and provide actionable insights & recommendations.
- Work with stakeholders to develop a global data strategy and digital ecosystem.
INFLUENCER IDENTIFICATION & VALIDATION
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify top opinion leaders in specific spaces.
- Identify top trendsetters, educators, and engagers connected with an audience.
- Develop and maintain measurement strategy to evaluate top brand influencers.
- Think differently, push beyond the norm, uncover thinking that can motivate the brand to new personal bests by blazing new trails and continually exploring ways to connect the brand to understand fans better and faster than ever before.
- Exhibit commitment to the brand’s social mission and help lead Marketing and CMI’s contribution to delivering all three elements of Ben & Jerry’s three-part mission statement.
- Have a strong commitment to our fans (love them more than they love us), the fun of ice cream, and working on an activist brand
What You’ll Need To Succeed:
- 3-4 years of experience in an analytical role related to social and digital analytics, and providing insights and recommendations based on analysis
- Strong data storytelling and communication skills
- Experience with data visualization tools and dashboard building
- Passion for the digital world and implications for business – an understanding of the social media landscape (organic & paid) and influencer marketing
- Experience with key facets of digital analytics:
- SQL, DataStudio, PowerBi,
- Analytical tools, data modeling, query building, and storytelling
- Social analytics and/or NLP tools (Brandwatch, Crimson Hexagon, etc.)
- Data infrastructure principles and solutions
- Content management systems and principles
- Understanding of website analysis and optimization principles
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent level of experience
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Clear understanding of digital media standards/best practices
- Experience writing briefs to answer business questions and working with cross-functional teams
Over the past years, we have dedicated ourselves in new ways to understanding and developing strategies for the deep work necessary to uproot the systemic racism underpinning our racial inequity. Ben & Jerry’s is committed to becoming a truly antiracist company by eliminating racial disparities within the company and to disproportionately create Black wealth through our business relationships.
We are actively working to achieve equity in our workforce, franchise network and supplier base through a wide range of ongoing and evolving strategies that eliminate barriers, increase access to opportunity, and make real changes in our business practices and culture. This work will be supported by goals and internal metrics to maintain and report on our progress.
We have chosen to center on racial equity out of an understanding that the culture of white supremacy must be dismantled to achieve equity for all marginalized people. We have focused our strategies on outcomes for Black people because slavery and its legacy remain such a defining element of American life. We believe this targeted work will help us achieve our broader commitment to universal social equity.
The initial phase of this work focuses on our home market of the U.S., where the majority of our employees and business is located. As we learn and build our capacity for this work, we will expand it to our global markets where systemic racism in other forms, with roots in colonialism, persists.