The Information Technology associate is a key member of Champlain’s IT Operations team whose function is to support the technology needs of the entire firm. This position is part of a team of IT professionals and will involve daily interaction with firm employees. This position reports to the Director of Technology. Ad hoc projects associated with information technology will be completed as needed.
- Assist in AD and O365 user, group, and license management
- Manage firewall/OpenDNS allow-lists and deny-lists
- Manage email traffic to ensure links, attachments and correspondence is not malicious
- Triage, manage, escalate and resolve 3rd party security software alerts
- Point person as part of a two or three person team for technical hardware and software issues
- Analyze user issues and manage process to resolve issues or determine appropriate escalation option
- Work with the firm’s existing outsourced IT provider to troubleshoot and escalate issues
- Engage with third-party software/hardware vendors as needed to resolve issues
- Perform workstation installations and maintenance
- Setup new users following established new user setup procedures
- Assist in software and hardware upgrades
- Replace end-user systems in an efficient and least-disruptive manner
- Assist IT Operation team in various IT projects and implementations
- Review, update and create IT procedures on an ongoing basis
- Assist in periodic reporting deliverables such as Monthly Patch Reporting, Monthly Vulnerability Reporting and other deliverables as needed
- Assist in weekend or off-hours IT projects and upgrades as necessary
- Research and review technology solutions as directed by Director of Technology
A bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field is required. Associate should have high familiarity with both Microsoft Windows networking and information security as well Apple iOS applications and usage. Associate will be a quick-learner with excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills. This individual must be able to prioritize and deliver work in a dynamic environment. Further, a mature and flexible demeanor with the ability to work independently is necessary.
Champlain is committed to providing and preserving a work environment that promotes diversity and inclusion and is free from discrimination or harassment. Working with diverse teams help us become better humans, make better decisions, and execute on our mission to deliver exceptional investment results and develop enduring client relationships. We strive to build a firm culture that welcomes employees from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences and fosters equitable opportunities for growth and success.
We recognize there are many opportunities to further this commitment to diversity and inclusion and, in that spirit, have undertaken numerous initiatives focused on various components of a more inclusive workplace, including firm-wide training on strategies for fostering inclusion, feedback and management training for multiple employee cohorts in leadership roles and unconscious bias training for all Partners, among others; the firm’s Sustainability and Culture & Development Committees also continue to look for additional ways to further this commitment.