Bennington College is a small residential liberal arts college in southern Vermont, long distinguished for its progressive approach to higher education. Founded in 1932, this campus celebrates equity, diversity, and inclusivity.
Here are a few (of the many) nice things about working for them:
- A robust benefit package to its eligible employees, including health, dental, and vision care, life insurance and long-term disability coverage, retirement savings programs, generous time off benefits, the opportunity to take classes at the College, and a tuition exchange program for college-bound dependents
- A culture that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion on all fronts
- A campus that features world-renowned architecture, nestled on 440 acres that offer a stunning work environment – consistently named one of the most beautiful campuses in the country
Reporting to the Registrar and Director of Enrollment and the first point of contact for the Registrar Office, this energetic and detail-oriented individual will coordinate all the office’s operational and administrative activities (manage academic records, course registration, commencement proceedings, etc.) with great potential for professional growth. The right candidate will ideally have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience.
- Advanced computer proficiency in Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.); expertise (or at least working knowledge) with WordPress a plus.
- Basic facility with numbers and understanding of elementary statistics.
- Strong interpersonal skills, discretion, and diplomacy necessary to maintain open communication with diverse group of students, faculty, and staff.
- Sound judgement in managing and processing confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited direction and handle multiple projects with meticulous attention to detail and organization.
- BA/BS degree required.
The position requires successful completion and acceptable results of a background check.
Bennington serves a diverse student population inclusive of members of ethnically/racially minoritized, international, LGBTQIA+, and disability communities as well as diverse gender identities, socioeconomic backgrounds, religions, and political beliefs. Our staff and faculty also reflect diverse and intersecting backgrounds and identities. All employees are expected to be respectful and responsive to these differences in the service of building community that promotes student and employee success. Each individual (faculty, staff and students) will be accountable for upholding these values. The College’s approach to pluralism and inclusivity—both as fields of inquiry and practice—is to prioritize flexible thought, and to invite the examination of access, value, power, and privilege through its institutional policies and areas of study. We encourage applicants from diverse realms of interest, backgrounds, experience, and accomplishment to apply.
In the interest of the health and safety of the campus community, Bennington College requires all community members to be COVID vaccinated.