Bennington College (www.bennington.edu) – a renowned liberal arts college is seeking a Assistant Program Coordinator to join their team.
Bennington College is a small residential liberal arts college in southern Vermont, long distinguished for its progressive approach to higher education. Founded in 1932, this campus celebrates equity, diversity, and inclusivity.
Here are a few (of the many) nice things about working for them:
- A robust benefit package to its eligible employees, including health, dental, and vision care, life insurance and long-term disability coverage, retirement savings programs, generous time off benefits, the opportunity to take classes at the College, and a tuition exchange program for college-bound dependents.
- A culture that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion on all fronts
- A campus that features world-renowned architecture, nestled on 440 acres that offer a stunning work environment – consistently named one of the most beautiful campuses in the country
The Assistant Program Coordinator will assist in handling the general day-today administrative program operations for the Visual Arts, Dance, Drama, Literature, Society, Culture and Thought, and Languages Through Culture. The Assistant Program Coordinator provides administrative support to faculty, staff, and students to ensure the effective and efficient coordination of duties and coverage/operation of the office. In this role you will be supporting relationships with vendors, faculty, students, and college visitors.
- Working in partnership with the Director of Budget and Administration on faculty searches throughout the year- tracking applications, working with search committees, scheduling interviews, events, and campus visits
- Coordinate and execute administrative activities- placing orders for classrooms/offices, distribute mail, arrange itineraries, events, workshops, and answer any questions from faculty and students
- Plan, develop, and implement systems and procedures to improve program quality
- 2-3 years of administrative experience with a preference for experience with scheduling and organizing events, placing orders, communicating messages, and preparing faculty correspondence
- Experience with operational and administrative support to ensure a daily efficient functioning office
- Must be able to work with limited direction, handle multiple tasks including detailed process issues- High attention to detail and accuracy with use of strong organizational skills
Bennington serves a diverse student population inclusive of members of ethnically/racially minoritized, international, LGBTQIA+, and disability communities as well as diverse gender identities, socioeconomic backgrounds, religions, and political beliefs. Our staff and faculty also reflect diverse and intersecting backgrounds and identities. All employees are expected to be respectful and responsive to these differences in the service of building community that promotes student and employee success. Each individual (faculty, staff and students) will be accountable for upholding these values. The College’s approach to pluralism and inclusivity—both as fields of inquiry and practice—is to prioritize flexible thought, and to invite the examination of access, value, power, and privilege through its institutional policies and areas of study. We encourage applicants from diverse realms of interest, backgrounds, experience, and accomplishment to apply.
In the interest of the health and safety of the campus community, Bennington College requires all community members to be COVID vaccinated.