VELCO is pleased to announce two openings for an Application Integrator and Developer. All applicants are encouraged to apply regardless of experience level.
Who VELCO is
VELCO sits at an inflection point of dynamic innovation in an industry undergoing transformation. Our core responsibility to operate a safe and reliable electric transmission system for Vermonters has not changed. How we fulfil that responsibility, however, changes regularly with the evolution of the system we operate and the dynamic demands of the customers we serve. These conditions require that VELCO remain unshakably focused on operational excellence today while anticipating the capabilities we will need to thrive tomorrow. Likewise, the successful Application Integrator and Developer will have the capabilities to meet today’s responsibilities while having the foresight and learning orientation to anticipate VELCO’s needs well into the future.
The Application Integrator and Developer at VELCO is a trusted partner excited to help us realize our Vision to create a sustainable Vermont through our people, assets, relationships and operating model. The Application Integrator and Developer is someone innately committed to fulfilling our Mission to serve as a Trusted Partner by passionately living our TRUST values (Treating each other with respect; Responding with urgency; Unconditionally supporting one another; Sharing information; and Thinking outside the box).
Why you should join our team
As VELCO’s Application Integrator and Developer, you will be part of a team responsible for enterprise integration and development functions of the application platforms; desktop, mobile, GIS, data visualization, and dashboards. This role will be responsible for design, implementation, and administration of the enterprise application environment adhering to compliance and security requirements.
How you will make an impact
- Support the enterprise application environment by performing system administration and specialized software development and integration support functions.
- Integrate analytics and application integration capabilities into business processes to enhance decision-making and enable autonomous learning.
- Lead and support project activities, meeting budget and scheduling requirements.
- Develops collaborative peer relationships within the department, with project managers, application owners, and customers throughout the company
- Discover, understand, and integrate new internal and external data sources, structures, and process pipelines
- The Senior member of the team will provide technical leadership and oversight for the selection, deployment and delivery of enterprise-wise projects or services.
- As a Senior member of the team, you will have a strong working knowledge of all platform layers and security, networks, computer, database to architect, implement, optimize, and maintain reliable data pipelines from source acquisition to integration and consumption while guaranteeing compliance with data governance and data security requirements.
- Implement data structures on a variety of databases and platforms, including proprietary archives, data warehouses, and real-time systems, such as, AVEVA OSISoft PI, SQL Server, Oracle, and ESRI
- Manage vendor relationships
- Strong customer service ethic with all of customer base.
- Participates on key initiatives within the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Who you are
- Starting pay will be determined at the time of offer based on the experience, education, and training of the successful candidate.
- Eligible applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successful reference check, background check, physical examination, drug screening, and documentation of Covid-19 vaccination
- VELCO utilizes a hybrid work schedule. Travel to the Rutland campus is expected at least twice per week
- VELCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
The Fine Print
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux, Workstation platforms (Windows); AD; Patching tools (big fix, SCCM); Familiar with the basic SEIM and security methodologies.
- Familiarity with audits, compliance investigations, and internal controls evaluations.
- Knowledge of VMWare, storage technologies, AD, DHCP, DNS, VPN, SANS security guidance, NERC/FERC guidelines.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to create test plans and cases from specifications or verbal communications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to serve as a liaison with developers, project managers, and customer support.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with a diverse group of employees throughout the organization.
- Ability to plan and complete multiple, diverse tasks and meet challenging deadlines.
Able to clearly present complex technical information to committees, management, external regulators and industry associations.
It is expected that you will have the experience, education, and knowledge in system engineering and administration to manage, and continue to develop, this environment. Successful experience with system administration and the associated tools is also expected. Experience with compliance and cybersecurity functions within a regulated industry is a plus.
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Must be able to maintain fast pace while completing complex, analytical work, in potentially stressful situations, with competing priorities, within tight timelines and with frequent interruptions.
VELCO is committed to taking meaningful action to provide equitable access to underrepresented and underserved members of our communities and to holding ourselves accountable for creating a workforce that is more representative and responsive to people of all backgrounds. We recognize the need to work within our communities to attract, train, and retain the next generation of skilled workers and to meaningfully diversify our workforce at all levels. By working closer within our communities to ensure women and underrepresented members of our community are aware of and can take advantage of the high-quality jobs available within our industry, we will be doing our part towards the development of a stronger and more resilient utility sector. To make this happen, we are committed to expanding our applicant pools, investing in the education and training of our workforce, and continuing our focus on a corporate culture that is welcoming, respectful, supportive, safe, and empowering to all