Vermont Housing and Conservation Board AmeriCorps
Job Title: AmeriCorps Member
Share this post:
Posted: August 19, 2022
Location: Chittenden County,
About the Job
Learn to be a housing champion and have a meaningful experience supporting your community by serving in AmeriCorps. You will:
- Receive a $15/hour living allowance
- Plus a $6,495 education award
- Health care coverage
- Training, networking, experience, support and resources for employment in the housing field
Positions available in the Greater Burlington area include:
- Home Education Program Coordinator at Champlain Housing Trust (CHT) – In this position, you will help people understand and have access to housing opportunities. You will make a real difference in the lives of many people.
- Shared Equity Program Assistant at Champlain Housing Trust – Serving as the Shared Equity Program Assistant, you will be on the cutting edge of CHT’s innovative spirit, and be working directly with people in the community.
- Daystation Support Specialist at the Committee on Temporary Shelter (COTS) – you’ll build trusting relationships with clients in order to foster empowerment and assist with their transition from homelessness to housing.
- Housing Support Specialist at the Committee On Temporary Shelter – help individuals and families at risk of losing their housing to stabilize their housing and prevent homelessness.
- Memory Care Enrichment Specialist at Cathedral Square – learn best practices in supporting people with dementia and enhance residents’ lives by providing programs and activities.
For more information, or to apply online, please visit: http://www.vhcb.org/americorps
Or send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by August 30th.
Employer's Approach to Diversity, Equity, & Belonging
The Vermont Housing and Conservation Board supports a Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee that works to promote antiracist practices within the organization. We maintain a JEDI resource list which members may use paid time to access for their own learning. We provide multiple anti-racism trainings for members annually.
Wage or Salary$25,500 for 11 months of service (=$15/hour)