Title: Administrative Assistant (Part-Time, Temporary)
Supervised by: Director of Development and Communications
Job Summary: The Administration and Finance Assistant provides crucial support for the organization, undertaking the clerical duties that underpin our administrative, development, and financial systems. They will ensure the smooth, timely, and accurate entry, acknowledgement, and reporting of gifts and payments to Outright, and sustain office systems for supplies and filing.
This is a part-time, temporary position that we anticipate will last until Dec 2023. It is situated within our Essential Alchemy team, which holds the vital behind-the-scenes work of Outright to make our mission possible.
Key Function: Gift Administration
● Accurately and efficiently enter gift details in Outright’s donor database (Little Green Light). Add new donor records and update existing records as needed; de-duplicate constituent and relationship records; assign acknowledgement letter templates.
● Generate and customize acknowledgement letters. Present to supervisor in an organized manner for review, and complete edits where warranted.
● Work with the Essential Alchemy team as necessary to clarify donor
intentions and questions related to contributions.
● Maintain physical files, including proper gift documentation on a weekly
● Create and maintain a gift processing procedures manual.
Key Function: Finance Administration
● Prepare and make weekly bank deposits.
● Generate, share, and file Check Logs.
● Generate reports from online payment processors (e.g. Classy, Facebook).
● Scan and send finance documents to the bookkeeper as requested by the
Key Function: Office Administration
● Maintain inventories of key office supplies, including stationery items
required for gift processing, acknowledgements, and stewardship programs.
● Coordinate supply requests, place, and distribute orders with the team.
● Support the organization in other matters as identified and assigned.
Ideal skills and attributes:
You should be competent in Google Suite and Microsoft Office administrative tools. You enjoy attending to details and the soothing satisfaction of quickly and accurately completing repetitive tasks. A social justice, community-centric lens is a must, as is a demonstrable commitment to Outright Vermont’s mission, vision, and values.
You recognize that while this work is grounded in systems, it’s really about people and relationships – which means flexibility and nimbleness are important. You see the benefit of working within prescriptive requirements (e.g. IRS guidelines) to honor and advance the relationships with our Outright community.
You are excellent at managing time-sensitive tasks on a planned, recurring basis and exercise good judgment to protect confidential information.
Your experience with donor databases is a bonus, but not required.
Minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience that demonstrates a successful
application of the above skills.
Compensation and Benefits
Pay range: $22-$25/hour. This is a part-time (10-14 hrs/wk), temporary position through this year with the opportunity to review and assess organizational need with the new fiscal year. While it does not offer full benefits, it does include a phone stipend, and a paid Gaycation for two weeks in July when our ofices are closed (for 12 hrs/wk).
Work takes place primarily in our office in Burlington. We’ll work with the right candidate to establish a flexible yet consistent schedule that can include a portion of time outside “typical” business hours.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please include the job title and your full name in the email subject. Applicants who advance through the interview process will be asked for two references. All applicants will receive a conformation email.
Outright Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recognize the critical importance of being an organization of diverse identities. Queer and trans people of color and trans feminine folks are strongly encouraged to apply. More details about Outright available via our website: www.outrightvt.org
LGBTQ youth transcend every social group and community. Outright Vermont is an anti-oppression organization that actively interrogates white supremacy culture within and without. We act in ways aligned with the understanding that how we do is as important as what we do. We know that a new framework (in practice, principles, policies, and actions) is the only way to a truly liberated future for all. Specifically, in recent years Outright has overhauled HR practices, engaged in regular anti-racism learning opportunities for staff and board members, and built upon relationships of solidarity and accountability with youth and community partners. Ensuring our organizational culture and programs create welcome and belonging for youth of color and neurodivergent youth is critical to our mission.