The Administrative Assistant is responsible for presenting a pleasant and professional first impression to clients, carriers, and vendors. Provide support to various departments within agency. This is a 100% in house position.
Essential Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Welcome visitors and determine their needs, check appointments, and direct them to the appropriate person or office.
- Answer multi-line agency phone system, establish purpose of calls, and forward appropriately.
- Provide driving directions, and answer customer inquiries based on knowledge of agency.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming mail and process outgoing mail at close of business day.
- Order and put away office supplies.
- Schedule various conference rooms as appropriate.
- Provide support to Account Managers or Client Advisors on new and existing accounts:
- Properly attaches documents to Agency Management System.
- Assembles proposal documents.
- Print and mail Auto ID Cards
- All of this is done in a manner to avoid potential E&O issues. Immediately notifies management of any potential E&O situation.
- Provide backup in other areas as assigned.
- Perform other duties and special projects as requested by management.
Must have excellent computer skills and the ability to learn agency automation system and other automation/internet programs as required. Proficient in the use of Windows based operating system and Microsoft Office products (2007 or above), including Word, Excel and Outlook. Strong typing skills. Effective communication skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to respond to requests effectively, efficiently and with a sense of urgency.
Ability to learn agency automation system and internet programs as required. Can accurately copy data from one source to another. Must have the ability to read, understand and interpret policy change requests and communicate the request clearly to the insurance company. Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information and respond appropriately. Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and respond to multiple requests effectively. Interacts with others effectively, cooperates positively as needed to contribute to the business efforts of the agency.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 80% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with staff, clients, and carriers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Occasionally required to bend/stoop or kneel to access cables or other items below desk.
- The person in this position may occasionally work in dusty work conditions.
THIS DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPLETE STATEMENT OF JOB CONTENT, RATHER TO ACT AS A GUIDE TO THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED. MANAGEMENT RETAINS THE DISCRETION TO ADD OR TO CHANGE THE DUTIES OF THE POSITION AT ANY TIME.
Hickok & Boardman Insurance Group is committed to providing an inclusive, supportive, and empowered culture for all staff. We are committed to ensuring our processes, policies and behaviors support and encourage diversity and meet the needs of all of our individual team members.
Our inclusive culture encourages sharing of new perspectives from our creative, productive, and committed staff. We empower all members of our organization to contribute to the mutual success of our team. Every person and each position at Hickok & Boardman are essential to fulfilling our mission to “proactively develop long-term relationships which are mutually beneficial to our clients, employees, Insurers and Community”. Collectively, our unique ideas and talents support our ability to exceed client expectations and deliver superior service in the best possible way.