“We value the many contributions of our staff, and we recognize that every person, every job, contributes to the well-being of the children, adults, and families we serve. I hope you will consider joining one of our many teams to make a difference in the lives of so many of our neighbors and community members.”
–Bob Bick, Chief Executive Officer
Click the link below to learn how Howard Center helps change lives:
Acute Residential Counselor Adult – Floater
Maintain a stable environment for adults with mental health challenges and/or substance use, at multiple, double staffed residential programs. Full time and part time available.
- Provide supportive counseling, medication management, and crisis intervention
- Help residents strengthen coping and symptom management skills
- Maintain the overall functioning and cleanliness of the house
- Plan and prepare nutritious meals
- Work with residents on modeling home life and independent living skills
- Maintain the safety of the house by monitoring who is coming and going
- Use sound independent judgement when responding to a crisis
- Ability to remain awake during overnight hours
- Valid driver’s license, registration, and insurance
- Full time (37.5hrs/wk) and part time, (30 hrs/wk)
- Starting at $21.66 an hour
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with 80% agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families (pro-rated for part time). This Point of Service Plan features no deductible.
- Two Dental options through Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability insurance
- Medical & Childcare Flexible Spending Account
- Childcare Stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
- Employee referral and sign on bonus is subject to Howard Center policy, for both internal and external applicants.
Click the link below to hear from Individuals currently in this role:
Our Values: Clients are at the heart of our decision making. We are committed to individual and collective well-being and success. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We are steadfast in our practice and pursuit of excellence.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency’s culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit “About Us” to review Howard Center’s EOE policy.
The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Cabinet forms a vital part of the Howard Center's organizational structure; existing to improve the diversity, equity and inclusion performance of Howard Center through effective governance.
Howard Center CEO, Bob Bick, has put forth an inspiring vision.
“We are committed to becoming a model culture and community leader around issues of diversity, inclusion, and corporate values and responsibility. We want to ensure a welcoming, inclusive, equitable, and diverse environment for our staff, the people we serve, our partners, and community. In doing this, we must face old
patterns, and in a respectful and positive way break though barriers and stereotypes, and have courageous conversations that will allow us to grow, expand, and more fully live our values and mission."