Proactively develop long term relationships which benefit our clients, carriers and the organization. Provide superior customer service to new and existing clients. Handle and process new and renewal personal lines business and ensure account retention.
• Council prospective clients for the purpose of examining current coverage and determining insurance needs.
• Prepare quotes for customers and prospects.
• Anticipate future needs for established client to renew and upgrade accounts.
• Handle phone calls from clients and companies regarding insurance and policy changes, council on coverage gaps, recommend any changes in coverage that appear necessary or desirable, account round, and comply with requests.
• Update Agency Management System for cancellations and reinstatements. Obtain reason for cancellation and document system. Input past due notices into activities.
• Prepare personal lines renewal applications or issue renewals as required, includes processing on agency management system.
• Underwrite new and renewal business, including documentation such as MVR’s, loss history, inspection reports, appraisals, ITV’s, etc.
• Ensure complete company submission of application(s), photos, appraisals, etc. for policy issuance.
• Input customer applications into the agency management system from the carrier rating applications.
• Maintain a suspense system to follow up on outstanding orders, correspondence, reports and follow up on overdue and suspense items.
• Attend all Personal Lines meetings as required.
• Scanning, attaching, and download retrieval on a daily basis.
• Provide backup assistance when a co-worker is out.
• Be familiar with and follow agency E&O guidelines.
• Promote agency and insurance industry in the community.
• Develop positive long-term relationships with clients, underwriters and company personnel.
• Work as a team with other staff members to achieve production and agency goals.
• Keep informed regarding industry information and marketplace changes to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
Excellent communication, organizational, and customer service skills are required. Candidates must be able to effectively manage multiple tasks, interact well with others, and work well in a team environment. Must be able to operate efficiently in Microsoft Office and the internet. Candidates must be willing and able to study for and pass Property & Casualty licensing exam.
Hickok & Boardman Insurance Group empowers all members of our organization to contribute to the mutual success of our team. We strive to provide a culture that welcomes and embraces different perspectives and we celebrate the mutual successes that are gained from these efforts. Hickok & Boardman is committed to providing an environment where each employee feels safe and productive, regardless of differences.