Proactively develop long term relationships which benefit our clients, carriers and the organization. Providing superior customer service to new and existing clients. Handle and process new and renewal personal lines business and ensure account retention.
- Council prospective clients for the purpose of examining current coverage and determining insurance needs.
- Prepare quotes for customers and prospects.
- Anticipate future needs for established client to renew and upgrade accounts.
- Handle phone calls from clients and companies regarding insurance and policy changes, council on coverage gaps, recommend any changes in coverage that appear necessary or desirable, account round, and comply with requests.
- Update computer for cancellations and reinstatements. Obtain reason for cancellation and document system. Input past due notices into activities.
- Prepare personal lines renewal applications or issue renewals as required, includes processing on agency management system.
- Underwrite new and renewal business, including documentation such as MVR’s, loss history, inspection reports, appraisals, ITV’s, etc.
- Ensure complete company submission of application(s), photos, appraisals, etc. for policy issuance.
- Input customer applications into the agency management system from the carrier rating applications.
- Maintain a suspense system to follow up on outstanding orders, correspondence, reports and follow up on overdue and suspense items.
- Attend all Personal Lines meetings as required.
- Scanning, attaching, and download retrieval on a daily basis.
- Provide backup assistance when a co-worker is out.
- Be familiar with and follow agency E&O guidelines.
- Promote agency and insurance industry in the community.
- Develop positive long-term relationships with clients, underwriters and company personnel.
- Work as a team with other staff members to achieve production and agency goals.
- Keep informed regarding industry information and marketplace changes to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Perform other specific duties and projects as assigned by agency management.
Excellent communication, organizational, and customer service skills are required. Candidates must be able to effectively manage multiple tasks, interact well with others, and work well in a team environment. Must be able to operate efficiently in Microsoft Office and the internet. Candidates must be willing to successfully pass the Vermont Producer’s P&C license exam before start date.
Hickok & Boardman Insurance Group is committed to providing an inclusive, supportive, and empowered culture for all staff. We are committed to ensuring our processes, policies and behaviors support and encourage diversity and meet the needs of all of our individual team members.
Our inclusive culture encourages sharing of new perspectives from our creative, productive, and committed staff. We empower all members of our organization to contribute to the mutual success of our team. Every person and each position at Hickok & Boardman are essential to fulfilling our mission to “proactively develop long-term relationships which are mutually beneficial to our clients, employees, Insurers and Community”. Collectively, our unique ideas and talents support our ability to exceed client expectations and deliver superior service in the best possible way.