We are a fully remote digital marketing agency that seeks a collaborative and experienced new team member to lead our editing and content generation, contribute to and maintain long-term client relationships, and support our company growth.
Do you love teasing out the voice of a brand when a client can’t quite articulate it? When writing marketing copy, do you savor finding just the right word? Are you a friendly “grammar grouch” in disguise? If our Mission, Vision, and Core Values resonate with you, we may be a fantastic match.
You are flexible, can give constructive feedback to junior writers who see you as a writing guru, and have a can-do attitude. You can independently manage your time, consistently meet deadlines, are highly organized and detail-oriented, and communicate efficiently and effectively. You want to be part of a digital marketing team that recognizes the important role you play in our success, and love supporting small businesses owners and their teams to reach their dreams.
Tasks & Responsibilities include:
- Proof and copy edit projects (email marketing, social media, blog posts, web copy), to ensure all of our work is clear, error-free, and fits the brand voice for each client
- Provide clear feedback and constructive guidance to team members to support their development of stronger grammar and writing skills
- Manage the J.Scott Marketing blog, including setting the editorial direction, planning approximately one posts per month, writing blog posts or assigning them to other team members, and editing blog posts written by other team members
- Refine the J.Scott Marketing brand voice as the agency grows
- Attend virtual weekly team meetings (currently Mondays at 1pm ET)
- Participate in occasional virtual paid training and education opportunities
Content Writing and Copywriting
- Produce regular on-brand, informative, SEO-optimized blog posts for our small business clients in a range of industries
- Produce first drafts of sparkling, on-brand web copy that distills client messaging that helps our clients explain how their products and services solve their customers’ problems
- Interview clients (via phone, Zoom, and email) to distill brand voice and gather information for blog posts and web copy; be able to turn a pile of notes into a clear story that builds trust between our clients and their prospects, presents our clients as thought leaders in their industry, and motivates readers to take action
- Attend virtual client meetings (2-6 per month) between 9am-4pm ET
- Write and edit compelling, on-brand copy for the J.Scott Marketing website
- Manage relationships with clients whose primary services include messaging
Qualifications and skills:
- 2-5 years experience writing digital marketing content, conversion writing, or comparable writing skill and experience; expert editor
- Savvy editor and grammar grouch
- Exemplary overall written and verbal communication skills
- No qualms about speaking up when you need clarity or more information
- A demonstrated ability to manage your time and meet regular deadlines
- Availability to communicate with team members between 9am–5pm Eastern Time (though the bulk of your writing can be done at your convenience)
- Bonus! A basic understanding of SEO blogging, including how to utilize keywords, headlines, formatting, and CTAs to drive the customer journey (otherwise we will train you)
Why consider joining us:
- We are a woman-owned business and committed to creating and sustaining a supportive, satisfying, and anti-racist work culture
- Enjoy zero commute and flexible hours working from the comfort of your home while being part of a supportive team
- Two hours paid time off on Election Day
- Monthly paid time for participating in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion training
Requirements: 2-5 years experience editing and writing marketing content
Who we are: J.Scott Marketing is an inclusive and growing digital marketing agency, with an exciting array of clients, that seeks an Editor, Content & Conversion Writer to contribute to and support various aspects of our team’s workflow.
We have been doing paid DEI trainings each month for more than a year. These include consuming content (written, video, and graphics) then having a discussion at our weekly team meeting.
We have also offered a pro bono marketing contract worth $12,000 to a VT-based, family-owned, Black-owned business, Global Village Foods, and enjoyed a successful partnership for several months.
We are currently 6 months into a pilot program that we created called Marketing Assistant Trainee. We pay a promising candidate who is trying to break into marketing to join our internal and client meetings and to shadow us. We provide weekly 1:1 trainings and access to our tools so that our trainee is gaining the skills and expertise needed to land her first FT marketing gig. She is also building her portfolio with published blogs, organic social media content and email campaigns. We expect to write a letter of recommendation for her as well as make introductions to increase her chances of landing her dream job. We've invited her to a few networking events but they haven't worked out yet, schedule-wise.