Are you an employer or recruiter looking for job candidates in Vermont?
Pride Center of Vermont (PCVT) is seeking a dynamic and skilled SafeSpace Rural Advocacy Coordinator to join our Anti-Violence Program Team. We are looking for a direct service advocate to increase access to resources and support for rural LGBTQ+ Vermonters impacted by violence, as well as educate and train service providers on providing gender-affirming, survivor-centered care. The ideal candidate understands and is able to effectively communicate the complexities of LGBTQ+ identities and the various challenges faced by LGBTQ+ individuals in rural Vermont.
Pride Center of Vermont celebrates, educates, and advocates with and for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, intersex, HIV-positive (LGBTQ+) individuals in Vermont. The SafeSpace Anti-Violence Program of PCVT works in distinct and trauma-sensitive ways with LGBTQ+ people impacted by domestic and sexual violence, bias, hate, discrimination or harassment, and other types of systemic and community harms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is part of the SafeSpace Anti-Violence Program team that provides individual and group support, advocacy, information, referrals, accompaniment, crisis intervention, and intakes for clients. These duties include:
Participate in at least 20+ hours of basic advocacy training to acquire Vermont Victim and Crisis Worker Privilege as a domestic and sexual violence victim advocate;
Ongoing professional development to support LGBTQ+ survivors of abuse, violence, and harm both within and outside systems;
Take regular on-call support line shifts during PCVT business hours;
Diligent and meticulous documentation in our confidential database of all client-related support;
Participate in SafeSpace Program meetings, supervision with the Director of the SafeSpace Anti-Violence Program, and PCVT all-staff meetings.
This position is responsible for helping to uplift visibility, support, and connection with rural LGBTQ+ Vermonters impacted by violence and harm.
Design a needs assessment and implementation structure for rural Vermont LGBTQ+ survivor outreach initiatives;
Establish and foster relationships with rural LGBTQ+ affirming critical service providers;
Collaborate with PCVT staff to develop and distribute outreach materials specific to rural service providers and LGBTQ+ survivors;
Oversee the development of a LGBTQ+ Survivors Rural Resources web page on our Pride Center of VT website and update it as needed.
Training and Education
This position is a member of the PCVT Education Team and will facilitate workshops and trainings in accordance with grant requirements and community needs. These duties include:
Collaborate with PCVT’s Education Manager to create and facilitate training curricula specific to the needs of rural LGBTQ+ survivors and/or service providers;
Participate as a member of the PCVT Education Team to collaborate on our educational offerings and coordinate logistics;
Continually update trainings to reflect and address current language, climate and events.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
Ability to connect with diverse groups within, for, and beyond LGBTQ+ communities;
Lived experience within and/or knowledge of rural LGBTQ+ communities;
Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to equity, inclusion, and anti-oppression work;
Experience with training facilitation and curriculum development;
Experience with volunteer and/or team coordination, restorative and/or transformative justice, and/or conflict mediation;
2+ years of anti-violence advocacy experience, relevant experience, and/or related degree;
Ability to multitask, problem-solve, prioritize and maintain boundaries effectively;
Internet access for virtual education, communications, and collaborations;
Valid driver’s license for statewide travel.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
Experience supporting survivors of violence as an advocate: (stalking, sexual assault, domestic violence, and dating violence which is often combined with emotional, discrimination, and/or hate violence);
Exceptional time management skills and follow-through, in addition to emotional self-awareness, compassion, healthy sense of humor, commitment to work/life balance, and a desire to be on a team that takes care of one another;
Working knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Word.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, February 11th.
The GSA Network Coordinator supports the network of Gender and Sexuality Alliances (GSAs) that work locally, regionally, and on statewide levels to effect positive change for LGBTQ+ youth. This new position, situated within our Transforming Schools, Communities, and Systems initiatives, will connect young people and allied adults to resources, skill-building opportunities, and each other, building youth power through the support of campaigns, leadership development, and events.
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable about the needs of queer and trans youth, and have a strong commitment to social justice, as well as experience working with youth through mentorship, leadership development, and/or organizing. An ability to focus on details, organize large-scale events, and the ability to connect with youth to build statewide networks are a must. Willingness and skills in engaging in collaborative relationships with staff at Outright, staff and faculty in schools around the state, and youth is a requirement. This position requires reliable transportation and will involve travel throughout Vermont at all times of the year.
This is a full time, 35-hour per week position with comprehensive benefits including health care, dental care, life insurance, matched retirement contributions, and generous paid time off. Travel, as well as some nights and weekends during key annual programs required. Minimum 1-2 years relevant experience in the field (or combination of education and experience).
We’re looking for a full time Education and Leadership Coordinator to transform Vermont Schools, Communities, and Systems to build hope, equity, and power for LGBTQ+ youth. The Education and Leadership Coordinator provides training, technical assistance, and leadership development across Vermont. Using experiential education, this position connects young people and allied adults to resources, skill-building, and each other to effect positive change for LGBTQ+ youth. This is a highly collaborative position situated within our Transforming Schools, Communities, and Systems initiatives. While our headquarters are Burlington-based, this position is focused on statewide support and connection.
You should be knowledgeable about the needs of queer and trans youth, and have experience working with youth through mentorship and facilitation, leadership and curriculum development. A successful Education and Leadership Coordinator will be excited to engage in collaborative relationships with a wide-range of audiences, including Outright youth and staff, and school-based faculty and staff across the state.
This full tiime, 35 hours/week position requires reliable transportation and (COVID permitting) involves traveling throughout Vermont at all times of the year. During several key programming times, this role will require time in the evenings and weekends. Minimum 1-2 years relevant experience in the field (or combination of education and experience). This position is supported by comprehensive benefits including health care, dental care, life insurance, matched retirement contributions, an annual professional development fund, and generous paid time off.
Saint Michael’s College is seeking a dynamic and culturally responsive DEI professional for its Human Resources department to assist with developing and implementing strategic initiatives around employment with diversity, equity and inclusion at the forefront. This includes recruiting and retention, employee relations, labor relations, and diversity, equity and inclusion training for staff and faculty as it relates to all areas of employment.
The successful candidate will have worked as a professional in the DEI field for a minimum of five to eight years, preferably in the HR employment area, but an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Having designed and delivered cultural competency/responsiveness, implicit bias, leadership and employment training programs is a significant plus. This is a full-time, year-round position that reports to the Director of Human Resources.
Individuals from the BIPOC community are strongly encouraged to apply.
For full job description click here.
Benefits include health, dental, vision, employer-paid life, and disability insurance, voluntary life, critical illness and accident insurance options, parental leave, flexible spending accounts (healthcare and dependent care), 401(k), generous paid time off, paid holidays, employee and dependent tuition benefits, employee assistance program, well-being programs and opportunities, discounted gym membership, paid volunteer time, use of the athletic facilities and the library, and countless opportunities to attend presentations, lectures, and other campus activities.
An offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Please be prepared to attach the following documents after clicking on the Apply Now button:
Review of applications will begin on January 10, 2022 and continue until position is filled.
No phone calls, emails or walk-ins please.
Responsibilities include general office management and secretarial duties (answering phones, client contact, data entry, typing, file/document/database management), as well as supporting the work of multiple attorneys and paralegals. Experience as a legal secretary or formal secretarial training is preferable. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite required. Fluency in French, Spanish, Swahili, Kirundi, Somali, Arabic, Nepali, or Burmese is a plus.
The SLTCO supervises a staff of six ombudsmen located in Legal Aid offices throughout the state. The SLTCO provides support to the local ombudsmen on a wide range of legal issues including guardianship, public health care programs, and the rights of persons receiving long-term care services in Vermont. Pursuant to its statutory mandate, the SLTCO will analyze, comment on, and monitor the development and implementation of federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and other government policies and actions that pertain to long-term care facilities and services and to the health, safety, welfare, and rights of residents, and to recommend any changes in such laws, regulations, and policies.
Applicants should have at least five years of legal experience and demonstrated expertise in long-term care services and supports or other direct services for older persons or persons with disabilities; consumer-oriented public policy advocacy; leadership, supervision, and program management skills; and negotiation and problem-solving skills. The SLTCO must have the organizational skills, commitment to social justice, and temperament needed to balance direct supervision of the local ombudsmen with the demands of playing a leading role in advocating for systemic change in Vermont’s long-term care system before the legislature and administrative agencies.
The position can be based in any of the 5 VLA offices and requires travel throughout the state. Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team are required.
Champlain is seeking an experienced IT Infrastructure and Security Engineer who is detail-oriented, proficient with technologies and hardware, and who flourishes in high-pressure environments. This is a key role at a lean, yet highly effective firm, as all business units rely heavily on an optimized and secure cloud-centric tech-stack, especially as the firm expands its Data Management platform. This role requires someone who is experienced at: managing and optimizing robust and reliable high-availability cloud-centric IT infrastructure solutions; development of testing methodologies; and who has a background in systems and infrastructure engineering. This individual should also have a strong proficiency with network security administration, tooling, and management/deployment of security solutions. This position reports directly to the Director of Technology and will be part of the IT Infrastructure and Operations Team.
Key responsibilities include:
- 40% System Administration
- Maintain, optimize, design and build essential high-availability IT infrastructure, local/cloud/hybrid-cloud
- Manage, monitor, and configure Azure infrastructure and systems, including vNets, Resource Groups, Network Security Groups, Backup and DR sets, Storage Accounts, Key Vaults, Data Factories, etc.
- Manage and build out Microsoft O365 application ecosystem such as Teams and SharePoint
- Assist and/or lead deployment of IT solutions in on-premises, hybrid, and cloud environments
- 40% Network and Security Administration
- Monitor, manage and triage SIEM or other EDR security tools and perform follow-up investigation and remediation activity
- Tune security tools used for monitoring and managing the firm’s various environments
- Participate in security incident investigations and respond to potential intrusions
- Assist and/or lead deployment of new security solutions and tools
- 20% IT Operations
- Create and maintain IT and IS Standard Operating Procedures
- Consult with IT Infrastructure and Operations Team to communicate security risks and analysis
- Serve as the subject matter expert and escalation point for infrastructure management and security incidents
- Serve as backup to internal and external support teams as needed to manage and triage IT incidents and on-call schedule
- Assist with vendor management as it relates to IT and IS solutions, especially Managed Service Providers
About the successful candidate:
The successful candidate will have good communication and collaboration skills; excellent analytical, problem-solving and time-management skills; and extensive knowledge of system and network administration of a multi-office Microsoft-based hybrid-cloud infrastructure environment. Ideal candidates will also have experience with various SIEM, EDR and Vulnerability Management tools.
The successful candidate will have the following experience, skills, and interests:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or related field
- At least 7 years hands-on IT experience including implementing and managing VMware virtualization, Windows systems administration, switchgear/firewall management, implementing and managing enterprise storage, AD management, file sharing and scripting, MSFT O365 and Azure infrastructure management (vNets, Resource Groups, Key Vaults, Storage Accounts, Azure AD, Conditional Access, Enterprise Applications, Exchange Online, etc.)
- Familiarity or understanding of security standards, access controls and compliance requirements based on industry standards and guidelines (ISO27001, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, PCI-DSS-DSS, FINRA, SEC, etc.)
- Experience with identity and account management (Okta, Azure or other SAML, Kerberos)
- Familiarity with security and hardware solutions from Duo, Nutanix, Zscaler, CrowdStrike and WinMagic SecureDoc
- Familiarity with Snowflake, FreshService (or other ITIL solutions), GitHub
- Experience with Rapid7, Nessus, or other vulnerability management and SIEM solutions
- Experience with Sophos and Cisco firewalls preferred
- Experience in provisioning solutions with appropriate levels of user enablement and access in cloud and hosted platforms
- Self-starter who offers suggestions and thrives on optimizing new processes
- The following qualifications are preferred, but not required:
- Advanced knowledge of areas listed above as well as Security, VoIP, VPN, VLAN, DNS, AD, GC
- Azure data platform: Data Factory, Data Lake, Data Bricks, Power BI, Power Automate
- Microsoft ecosystem: O365 apps, Teams, SharePoint Administration
- Certifications: Azure, Cisco, CompTIA, VMware, CISA
- Financial Services industry experience a plus
Mission – Our mission is to build the networks of local high school students through professional and financial education including, but not limited to, those who identify with groups historically underrepresented in the asset management industry based on race, ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic status, and/or sexual orientation.
Curriculum- An interactive education on three pillars: professionalism, personal finance, and asset management. Each week, a community business partner will lead students in a mix of discussion and activities to provide context and learning in a topic under that particular pillar.
Timing – Champlain’s Summer Fellows meet for two hours each week for seven weeks through the summer: 9:30am to 11:30am EST each Thursday beginning July 7 and ending August 18, 2022.
Requirements – Priority will be given to students who are high school juniors, entering their senior year in Fall 2022. Students are required to attend five out of the seven sessions (with one in each pillar of the program) to receive a certificate of completion and a $350 educational grant.
As a member of the Zero Gravity Marketing team you will be responsible for representing one of the Northeast’s most reputable breweries with passion, class, and compassion. You will choose excellence every day and constantly strive to promote world class innovation and brand management of the highest tier. The goal of the Marketing Coordinator is to develop and execute the plans and strategies to accomplish successful marketing efforts. Working closely with the director of Marketing, the Marketing Coordinator stays informed about the market, industry trends, and the competitive landscape, while helping strategize and implement marketing, branding, and advertising plans.
Day to day, they will create or coordinate content, track results, build relationships with sales teams, while continuing to support all marketing strategies. The Marketing Coordinator will manage daily administrative tasks to ensure the Marketing Department runs smoothly. A keen understanding and passion for the Craft Beer Industry is a must. The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent time management skills and be able to thrive independently and as a member of a team in a fast paced environment that is constantly changing.
Marketing Team Coordination
- Assist in the development and implementation of the company’s brand strategy
- Ensure all marketing efforts serve to achieve immediate and long-term goals, identifying and executing improvements for processes
- Support the Marketing Director in evaluating and establishing the marketing plan and strategy by assembling and analyzing sales forecasts, setting objectives, planning and organizing promotional materials and updating calendars
- Must have a finger on the pulse of all company events and beer releases and serve as air traffic controller to see that each project completes in a timely manner
- Communicate campaign objectives, timelines, and deliverables to sales team
- Maintain a directory and inventory of sales support materials, ensuring all resources are current and accurate, and coordinate the creation of new materials as needed
- Manage and improve organic search engine performance and goal-setting based on click through rates, traffic, and conversions
- Manage an email list and coordinate monthly newsletters for ZG brands
- Create monthly editorial calendars for multiple social media accounts that include five unique posts per week per account
- Engage with customers and answer questions asked on our social media pages
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing to source proper content
- Assist the Director of Marketing with creative digital campaigns
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- General knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite is a bonus
- Knowledge of google analytics and adwords
- Ability to manage websites hosted on Squarespace
- Flexibility for miscellaneous job requirements as they arise
- Passion for fun and positivity
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to stay up-to-date with current styles and trends
- Technically capable, excellent communicator, and a desire to improve processes.
Working Environment/Physical Demands
This job is conducted in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and see. While performing the duties of this job, the employee constantly operates standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; bend over; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds and must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the working day.
Job Title: Full time Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Hours: Non-exempt, 40 hrs/week; may include after hours and weekend social media work
Location: In person/Remote Hybrid
The Vermont Community Foundation seeks a Vice President for Grants and Community Impact to spearhead the organization’s work in ways that bring together people, ideas, and charitable capital in support of strong, healthy, and vital Vermont communities. This position will be responsible for managing the Grants and Community Impact team, developing strategy, and implementing programs that deepen the Foundation’s impact in Vermont communities, as well as connecting with and inspiring the Foundation’s donors. We are seeking an individual with excellent strategic thinking and planning skills, strong operational and management experience, the ability to work in a dynamic and fluid environment, experience in developing public and private partnerships, and a familiarity with grants management and the role of philanthropic capital in community and economic development.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please visit vermontcf.org/careers to review the complete job description and send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.