Participants of the series received:
- A curated space for BIPOC leaders to learn about the traditional grant/funding process;
- Opportunities to dismantle the traditional funding culture
- Dedicated time to build community between the BIPOC participants
This series created space for Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) led nonprofits in the state of Vermont.
Interested in future workshops? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and/or questions!
The series held a total of eight workshops, running from June through December. The topic for each series is below:
- Pre-workshop meeting: Getting to know each other (Friday, June 3, 9:30-1:30pm, In Person)
- Workshop 1: Navigating the funding landscape (Friday, June 10, 8-12pm, Virtual)
- Workshop 2: Private Funding (Friday, July 8, 8-12pm, Virtual)
- Workshop 3: Public Funding (Friday, August 12, 8-12pm, Virtual)
- Workshop 4: General Grant Writing (Friday, September 9, 8-12pm, Virtual)
- Workshop 5: Budget writing and management (Friday, October 14, 8-12pm, Virtual)
- Workshop 6: Reporting and the closeout process (Friday, November 11, 8-12pm, Virtual)
- Post-workshop meeting: Reflections (Friday, December 9, 8-12pm, In Person)
Participants received $1,000 in compensation for attending at least seven of the eight workshops.
Please note: workshop compensation is limited to one person per organization, however, participants from the same organization can split compensation if more than one person applies and is selected.
Applications are currently closed. Stay tuned for future announcements for our BIPOC Nonprofit Leaders Series!Apply for VT PoC’s BIPOC Grant Systems Series